Vlasic-Karlsson

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Is this the best d pairing since Pronger-Neidermayer?

This is going to be the best offensive and defensive pairing in the league imo.
Not to be the "well actually" guy but Niedermayer and Pronger were only deployed together on the powerplay. Anaheim's 5 on 5 top 4 in 07 was

Niedermayer-Beauchemin
Pronger-O'Donnell

Carlyle believed it was better to have a Norris caliber guy on the ice for a majority of the game while the third pairing was utilized to rest the top 4.

To answer your question though, I'm hard pressed to think of a better duo. Maybe Weber and Suter at their peaks.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Correct me if I am wrong but I remember Pronger and Niedermayer player on opposite pairings. They each would play like 25 minutes a game. Thus only 10 minutes of the game neither would be on the ice.

Reactions: Wrath and HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hm. I thought they were separated for some reason, one of them on the ice for 50 minutes.
This is the correct answer. You were correct.
The only time Nieds and Pronger saw ice time together 5 on 5 was when defending a lead towards the end of games and even those situations were very VERY rare.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This is the correct answer. You were correct.
The only time Nieds and Pronger saw ice time together 5 on 5 was when defending a lead towards the end of games and even those situations were very VERY rare.

What about the 07 finals? I could have sworn they were both on the ice whenever the cash line was on.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What about the 07 finals? I could have sworn they were both on the ice whenever the cash line was on.
Again, fairly rarely.

Carlyle's deployment strategy worked for him that whole year. They played together a little more after the cup win but it still wasn't Anaheim's philosophy to stack the defensive talent.

At least not then. These days Carlyle can't seem to realize that though Manson and Lindholm work well together, Manson was Fowler's best partner he has ever had in his career. Throughout his entire second tenure, Carlyle just can't figure out how to put Fowler with someone stable.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Keith/ Seabrook is the pairing of the cap era in terms of success

Lmk when these guys win three cups. The potential is there, tho, and I do see the Sharks as the Cup favorites. We shall see

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Keith/ Seabrook is the pairing of the cap era in terms of success

Lmk when these guys win three cups. The potential is there, tho, and I do see the Sharks as the Cup favorites. We shall see

Karlsson > Keith
Vlasic > Seabrook

You give these guys Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp etc and I'm sure they would win some cups as well.

Reactions: Riddum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad