Confirmed with Link: Vlasic (8 for $56M) and Jones (6 for $34.5M) get contract extensions

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If those numbers are real. . .

mother_of_god.jpg

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Those are terrible contracts, I the only goalie I would ever sig for more than 3 years is price .

That contract for vlasic as out of line.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I'm okay with Jones' contract as backups are getting beyond the $4M AAV mark. Vlasic, though, $7M AAV for 8 years? Must be due to LV hogging all those defensemen.

I still foresee Nail Yakupov signing by DW. He seems to like 1st round draft picks at a discount and seeing if they'll turn it around in SJ.

polmaniac932

Mar 25, 2006
San Jose
www.youtube.com
Vlasic is THE best shutdown d-man in he league. He is far more likely to maintain a consistent level of play than any other type of player. And defenseman tend to last a bit longer than forwards in this league...I'm loving that we have him at 8 years.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
dang wow. welp, vlasic deserves it after being such a bargain for all those years. hope he keeps up the stud play.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
A little bit more than I would have liked for Vlasic but I don't think it's terrible. I like the Jones deal a lot though, keeps him locked up until he's 33 and 5.75m per year isn't bad at all.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Vlasic is THE best shutdown d-man in he league. He is far more likely to maintain a consistent level of play than any other type of player. And defenseman tend to last a bit longer than forwards in this league...I'm loving that we have him at 8 years.

Yeah so was Scott Hannan, then as soon as he turned 32 he turned ******. Once Vlasic can't contribute on offense anymore, he will be Brooks Orpik and we will want him gone so bad.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Our cap structure is gonna be the *****, I don't know how we can field a true competitor when we're paying over $20M to three guys and only one of them scores points at a high level, this sucks hard

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
i wonder what dw is setting up with these signings. because these are huge signals we aren't rebuilding .... pretty much ever

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose

Better have no NTC or NMC clause, and if it's partial, it needs to be very partial. Vlasic will be 31 when that contract starts.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I really just hate the term on Jones. He is a mid tier goalie, there is no reason to lock him up.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
So Hasso signed off on these. Don't wanna hear about DW being short sighted and handing off problem to someone else as Andrew Bensch is saying on Twitter..

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I'm okay with Jones' contract as backups are getting beyond the $4M AAV mark. Vlasic, though, $7M AAV for 8 years? Must be due to LV hogging all those defensemen.

I still foresee Nail Yakupov signing by DW. He seems to like 1st round draft picks at a discount and seeing if they'll turn it around in SJ.

Jones is now the 12th highest paid goalie in the NHL, tied with Fleury. Elliot just signed for 2x 2.75 and made 2.7 with Calgary. Nilsson just signed a 2.5M x 2 contract with Vancouver. Darling just signed as a starter for 4.1. Niemi just signed as a backup for 700k. Where are you getting 4M for a backup?

Add: Six years is bad. At least wait until mid-season when they see how he plays this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad