Confirmed with Link: Vladislav Namestnikov and Luke Witkowski re-sign | 1 year, 2-way deals each

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Good. I like Witowski but he needs to up his game now. Nams is going to be the man next season and surprise everyone, watch and see.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I hope Vladdy performs but I can't see it in tampa. If drouin gets a bigger role I don't think vladdy can crack the top 9. I always thought vladdy would replace flippula one day. To me flippula and Callahan still appear to be core guys for us. Flippula is very important he can play a lot of roles on all three lines. I have not seen enough from vladdy yet I hope I see vladdy really take a big step next season.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope Vladdy performs but I can't see it in tampa. If drouin gets a bigger role I don't thing vladdy can crack the top 9. I always thought vladdy would replace flippula one day. To me flippula and Callahan still appear to be core guys for us. Flippula is very important he can play a lot of roles on all three lines. I have not seen enough from vladdy yet I hope I see vladdy really take a big step next season.

Flip took a step back but think he will be here for the rest of his contract. He got hung out to dry on that 3rd line, and needed one or both of Killer or Cally. With guys like Drouin and Vladdy expected to play more, we should be able to role out a top 9, where Flip can really raise his game again.

Right now Vladdy is no where close to replacing Flip.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I hope Vladdy performs but I can't see it in tampa. If drouin gets a bigger role I don't think vladdy can crack the top 9. I always thought vladdy would replace flippula one day. To me flippula and Callahan still appear to be core guys for us. Flippula is very important he can play a lot of roles on all three lines. I have not seen enough from vladdy yet I hope I see vladdy really take a big step next season.

lol he needs to hit the weight will be 23 in november he got his cup of tea learned a lot has to work on balance size etc.. which he will as he matures another he is ok statement lmao
unreal spoiled rotten fans

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
lol he needs to hit the weight will be 23 in november he got his cup of tea learned a lot has to work on balance size etc.. which he will as he matures another he is ok statement lmao
unreal spoiled rotten fans

forgive me I have been a lightning fan since 1992 I'm not used to being spoiled i'm just starting to learn it since vinik took ownership. As a life long redwing fan you are used to being spoiled.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Good. I like Witowski but he needs to up his game now. Nams is going to be the man next season and surprise everyone, watch and see.

I think Namestnikov is an average to below average hockey player. I hope he proves me wrong.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I think Namestnikov is an average to below average hockey player. I hope he proves me wrong.

he will

not sure on future he seems very good trade bait and am unsure of how tight his friendship is

say is not as tight as vasi nestea kucherov group so not sure how long he has doesnt have if something comes up

not saying this could happen but say braun we targeted him and offered a 1st vladdy and sustr scenario i think he is a good piece for a trade of that sort etc..

anyway was surprised on one year deal myself im not high like others on witkowski if was a lefty it would be below a whatever im not worried on losing him hes not core imho ever cant skate with the others

and we seem to semi love sustr for some odd reason

i love vladdy love having tons of centers and believe he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then paquette in every facet of game and will make a jump in everyones eyes like nesterov did last year this kid has it the hockey iq the two way play the physical ability

he needs to work his body this summer like never before so can handle nhl for 82 games plus playoffs but im saying he will do it hes going to be a monster imho in this league overlooked at times because of all the talent we have but id bet his career is better then flippers when all is said and done

he is so similar to palat in style and hockey iq he has work to do in order to become palat but i see it in him and his work ethic just like saw that little extra in kucherov and hoped for nestea just nestea first camp first year was soo disappointing to me i couldnt believe how off his mind set was and the girl chasing seemed a priority with nesterov he put in the work focus etc.. i figured would take him a lot longer when first drafted nestea was sure he was top four d man then saw camp read what he said and had real doubts on him moving up as fast as he did

these russians really put in the work vladdy is the same expect a big upgrade over the guy getting knocked off puck or knocked down last year

he might have some moments this year but as soon as next we will WANT to keep him at all costs that is my prediction hes gonna be a gamer has the hockey iq physical ability just has to catch up to the on ice speed

hes gonna be very very very good

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hello just stopping in to ask what Namestnikov needs to do to gain trust of your coach?

I was a surprised he got used so sparingly in playoffs and didn't see ice in finals when guys like Morrow stuck out as well just awful when on ice

Honestly I didn't understand why Morrow + Sustr dressed while Namestnikov + Nesterov sat in finals. Both Morrow and Sustr struggled vs Hawks and yet your coach continued to play them

I still like Namestnikov's potential and think he will establish himself as solid top 9 player if given chance but I was wondering if Cooper will ever give him that chance

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hello just stopping in to ask what Namestnikov needs to do to gain trust of your coach?

I was a surprised he got used so sparingly in playoffs and didn't see ice in finals when guys like Morrow stuck out as well just awful when on ice

Honestly I didn't understand why Morrow + Sustr dressed while Namestnikov + Nesterov sat in finals. Both Morrow and Sustr struggled vs Hawks and yet your coach continued to play them

I still like Namestnikov's potential and think he will establish himself as solid top 9 player if given chance but I was wondering if Cooper will ever give him that chance

He was pretty bad in the playoffs. Cooper seems to want to play him, really, but Namestnikov got bullied a fair bit. He needs to get a lot stronger.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

vladdy had moments last year but honestly he was over powered at times he needs to work on a couple things first his size and muscle and next being able to keep puck he has his moments for sure but was a power issue over anything else in my evaluation hes only like 170 pounds he needs to eat haha and keep bulking up hes gonna be good he has shown that in skills everywhere he has went but the nhl is the big boy league and his limits were exceeded at times

i love his hockey sense and iq and think he will develop into a palat style of player but might take a year longer or so. he has his worth and big upside and showed in ahl he could be a dominate player he at one point was put on second unit of pk he had been put on that over killorn till killer just got better and better in all situations.

i look to vladdy to make brown expendable then to get confident and start maturing is time for him :)

p.s. you are not only one who wonders why sustr plays at all or why morrow ever did lol was other options and morrow was done in every sense of the word

sustr has been given every chance and opportunity for my money i think he busts with us but time will tell we need some righty defenders to make him obsolete and maybe moving a guy like vladdy or others make that happen

to have stralman and hedman on left with nesterov emerging in ways especially as offensive talent and koekkoek coming is awesome

to have coburn sustr lol and then in time tony d is laughable

we got some great forwards sooner or later a deal for a right real d man will happen i pray

we also have garrison on left side dont see him as long term solution but for now to be stacked on one side and have our worst players on right and no one besides tony d who is ahl rookie this year who seems to have any chance of being better then good is a shame is our only weakness imho

sustr being our second righty drives me insane myself so even if we move a vladdy or a killorn etc.. to get a legit number 3-4 righty im for it any day of the week

i hope am wrong on sustr i hope he can turn it around he has the size just lacking in anything else i truly want to see lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad