Prospect Info: Vladislav Kamenev

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
He is off to a really good start in the KHL with 7 points(4 goals) in 12 games. At the age of 18 that is pretty good playing against grown men. Hope he keeps it up and then really does have interest in the NHL. Will be very interesting to see what happens with him.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Anyone think he has low end #1 center in him? A better version of Anisimov?

I really think his high end is more along the lines of a #2 center on a contending team. Way to early to really know for sure though. Scouts rate him really highly but he is also a high risk to bust.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I've never seen him play, just going by what he has done so far this year. Hopefully, he can be an impact player for us soon

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
not sure if these have been posted, but here are the goals I could find on youtube:

The first one is a pretty good goal. On the rush, and makes it count.

Last edited by a moderator:

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
He's probably with Milwaukee next season or the season after. Overblown Russian factor is overblown. I still want Tkachev in our organization.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He's probably with Milwaukee next season or the season after. Overblown Russian factor is overblown. I still want Tkachev in our organization.

if I read the thread on the trade board, he is eligible for next summers draft, which is why the Oilers contract with him was voided. So it will be interesting to see who drafts him and at what spot.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
We are they reason for the Russian factor. If players don't want to leave home then they should be looked at as if they are injured. The risk is equal.

As for Tkachev the fact that no one drafted him in the 7th should throw up a huge red flag. He is eligible for the draft next year.

Last edited:

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
We are they reason for the Russian factor. If players don't want to leave home then they should be looked at as if they are injured. The risk is equal.

As for Tkachev the fact that no one drafted him in the 7th should throw up a huge red flag. He is eligible for the draft next year.

He wanted to stay in Russia and play 1st line minutes with his Canadian coach. He's playing against men and learning from someone who knows the North American game. Kamenev said he would do whatever Nashville wanted him to do. We had no problem with him going back to Russia to develop. I see no issues.

I know Tkachev is draft eligible and his contract was voided. If he was 3 inches taller and a few pounds heavier he would have been drafted. Look at Arvidsson. We drafted him at the age of 21. He's undersized but skilled, just like Tkachev. The only difference is he's not Russian. Was it a mistake to take a flyer on Arvidsson? Nope. And if we have a chance to draft Tkachev with a mid to late round pick Poile better call the kid's name.

van22

May 25, 2014
His situation seems unclear.
It was reported mid-August (by lapresse.ca) that the Quebec Remparts were working to get him released from his contract (that article says they were in contact with Nashville too) but that the process is very slow and complicated. Another article at the end of September quoted their GM claiming that it is their priority to bring him over but did not provide further details on the status.

As it stands, his contract runs until 04/30/2016 so unless there is a new development he will not come over to N.A. before the 2016/17 season.

gela

Dec 26, 2013
Nashville
He has this year and probably one more season in Russia, which still has him coming over when he's 19. If he stays committed, I'm not worried at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad