News: Vladislav Gavrikov is the latest ''trade-related'' scratch

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Would hate to see Gav go to the Bruins. Wonder if NYR are in the mix. We sure could use him. Gav for Kravstov and a couple of picks?

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
If Gavrikov makes your team better then you're team probably sucks and shouldn't be giving away assets for rentals.

Reactions: Brobust

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
It's clear several on here don't watch Gavrikov play. He's not a plug. Certainly will be interesting to see where the value actually lands but anything less than a 1st or high end prospect (don't read as a teams best prospect) would be disappointing.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
If Gavrikov makes your team better then you're team probably sucks and shouldn't be giving away assets for rentals.
Boston is the best team in the league and Forbort-Clifton is their bottom pair. Do you think if Gavrikov was playing over one of those guys they’d be worse?

Such a dumb comment by you, and I doubt you even mean it.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Gavrikov could solidify a few contending defensive groups. It's often one guy in top 6 who doesn't belong. The value of Gavrikov is moving that guy down. NYR, Bruins, Tampa, Toronto, etc could all benefit from him. You don't need to be a top pair D to make a huge difference for a team.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Boston is the best team in the league and Forbort-Clifton is their bottom pair. Do you think if Gavrikov was playing over one of those guys they’d be worse?

I mean it. Is Gavrikov better than Forbort or Clifton? Maybe??? Do you pay a 1st rounder for that if you're Boston? If the GM is on acid maybe.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I mean it. Is Gavrikov better than Forbort or Clifton? Maybe???

Yes.

Do you pay a 1st rounder for that if you're Boston?.

Up to you.

There's a lot of good players on the market this year and you might be able to get a better deal elsewhere. But there's definitely upgrades to be had. Clifton and Forbort might look fine now on a dominant team but that's usually where things fall apart in a closely contested playoff series.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I mean it. Is Gavrikov better than Forbort or Clifton? Maybe??? Do you pay a 1st rounder for that if you're Boston? If the GM is on acid maybe.

Forbort a team like Carolina can pick on with their aggressive forecheck. Gavrikov can handle that better and take on Forbort’s PK duties. It’s not an exciting plan for Boston but it isn’t crazy. The fact that he won’t talk extension is what turns me off.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Forbort a team like Carolina can pick on with their aggressive forecheck. Gavrikov can handle that better and take on Forbort’s PK duties. It’s not an exciting plan for Boston but it isn’t crazy. The fact that he won’t talk extension is what turns me off.

I'm guessing he wants to sign with Florida.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Nope they wouldn't be worse. They'd be marginally better. Not enough better to warrant the price when the B's probably could use another F more.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Gavrikov could solidify a few contending defensive groups. It's often one guy in top 6 who doesn't belong. The value of Gavrikov is moving that guy down. NYR, Bruins, Tampa, Toronto, etc could all benefit from him. You don't need to be a top pair D to make a huge difference for a team.
You also don't pay a 1st and a prospect for a #5/6. I mean, I guess you could, but that's pretty bad.

Rangers just got a LD. Gavikov is obviously better, but I can't see any scenario where they go out and get another D at the cost of 1st + to play him on the 3rd pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad