Rumor: Vladimir Tkachyov coming to Vegas after Ak Bars contract expires?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
This is not the Vladimir Tkachev/Tkachyov that the MacT era Oilers tried to sign but failed, then promised to draft but didnt.

This is the soon to be 25 center who was slightly outproduced by Anton Lander and Jiri Sekac on Ak Bars last season. Could be a decent NHL player, especially under Gallant in Vegas.

Reactions: BHD

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
"But you can't say I made a deal with Vegas for sure, no. And if anything any specific agreements will be discussed after the season." said Tkachyov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This is not the Vladimir Tkachev/Tkachyov that the MacT era Oilers tried to sign but failed, then promised to draft but didnt.

This is the soon to be 25 center who was slightly outproduced by Anton Lander and Jiri Sekac on Ak Bars last season. Could be a decent NHL player, especially under Gallant in Vegas.

Unlike Lander and Sekac, he can actually play defense.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Lander was a great defensive forward in the NHL. He was your typical 4th line forward who could be on your top penalty kill unit. However, Lander was unable to secure a NHL spot because of his lack of offense. If he had the offense, he could have been like Lars Eller.

I wouldn't mind if the Oilers brought him back to improve the penalty kill for next season.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

I was only talking about offense, i'm sure he is a very well rounded player.
As another poster mentioned Lander was actually a very solid defensive player. His issue was finding consistent offense at the NHL level.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'm surprised after the Shipachyov signing. Thought maybe Russian would be hesitant.

Slightly different situations I suppose. Tkachev/Tkachyov would still be required by the CBA to sign a two way deal, so he'd at least have to know that playing in the minors is a possibility. Shipachyov was caught off guard thinking he had a guaranteed roster spot with his one way deal, and wasn't keen on playing in the AHL away from his family.

Reactions: Morrison

migi

Feb 25, 2015
This Tkachyov is imo one of the best centers in Europe. He is so versatile and can play different situations.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah, if - but I bet Shipachyov had a few choice words to say to his buddy Gusev about how VGK (mis)treated him.

Not exactly a cut and dried situation or one where Shipachyov is totally right. Regardless, Gusev isn't Shipachyov and probably has the ability to stick in the NHL so doesn't need to have those worries.

And Tkachyov would need to sign a two way deal to play with anyone. There would be no surprises for him if he wasn't NHL ready.

Furthermore, Gusev has to play for Vegas or be traded by Vegas. He hasn't played a game yet in the NHL and there is no agreement between the KHL and NHL. Vegas owns his rights if he ever wants to give the NHL a try, regardless if he's 27 and older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad