Vladimir Tarasenko: 4th in stats for a 17 years old !

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
I made some stats with all the 17 years old from russia for the pts per game and Tarasenko is 4th ! Check this out:

Pavel Bure 32 17 9 26 0,81
Alexei Cherepanov 47 18 11 29 0,62
Slava Kozlov 45 14 12 26 0,58
Vladimir Tarasenko 42 13 11 24 0,57
Alexander Mogilny 28 15 1 16 0,57
Alexei Morozov 48 15 12 27 0,56
Dmitri Nabokov 49 15 12 27 0,55
Nikolai Zherdev 44 12 12 24 0,55
Konstantin Glazachev 13 3 4 7 0,54
Maxim Rybin 41 13 8 21 0,51
Stanislav Chistov 24 4 8 12 0,5
Alexander Ovechkin 53 13 11 24 0,45
Artem Panarin 20 1 7 8 0,4
Maxim Afinogenov 29 6 5 11 0,38
Viktor Kozlov 30 6 5 11 0,37
Alexander Korolyuk 22 4 4 8 0,36
Alexander Svitov 39 8 6 14 0,36
Evgeni Malkin 34 3 9 12 0,35
Alexei Yashin 35 7 5 12 0,34
Sergei Fedorov 48 7 9 16 0,33
Pavel Datsyuk 24 3 5 8 0,33
Dmitri Klopov 40 8 4 12 0,3
Andrei Markov 43 8 4 12 0,28
Viktor Tikhonov 43 7 5 12 0,28
Evgeni Kuznetsov 35 2 7 9 0,26
Denis Parshin 27 2 4 6 0,22
Igor Larionov 32 3 4 7 0,22
Kirill Petrov 47 4 6 10 0,21
Valeri Kamenski 20 2 2 4 0,2
Alex Kovalev 18 1 2 3 0,17

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Best Russian in this draft. Been saying it for a long time and sticking to it. Better than Kabanov, almost easily so.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Wow, eh.

I wouldnt know but, is he worth the risk in the top 10? By risk Im talking Russian Factor.

Actually, do YOU think someone takes that risk in the top 10?

Even though there's a "Russian Factor" he won't slide past the rangers whom I expect will get a top10 pick this year. Kabanov is a top 5 talent but has had several injury-problems and has shown lack of commitment. Tarasenko has the same talent but plays with heart and ripping it up in the world's second best league for men.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Even though there's a "Russian Factor" he won't slide past the rangers whom I expect will get a top10 pick this year. Kabanov is a top 5 talent but has had several injury-problems and has shown lack of commitment. Tarasenko has the same talent but plays with heart and ripping it up in the world's second best league for men.

By the sounds of it you expect this guy to be a committed NHLer.

Its funny, although theirs been a couple Russian superstars lately, the names Radulov, Filatov, etc and now Kabanov leaving his Moncton team during the playoffs makes it hard to believe any non-surefire Russian superstar will stick in the NHL.

Really liked Tarasenko's shot at the WJC.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
By the sounds of it you expect this guy to be a committed NHLer.

Its funny, although theirs been a couple Russian superstars lately, the names Radulov, Filatov, etc and now Kabanov leaving his Moncton team during the playoffs makes it hard to believe any non-surefire Russian superstar will stick in the NHL.

Really liked Tarasenko's shot at the WJC.

Obviously you can't know that. Just saying that he will probably go in the top 10 even though there could be questions.

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
Impressive. I would imagine that the quality of the KHL is even better than when Yashin and Datsyuk played

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
Is he related to Alexei Tereshenko, drafted by Dallas in 2000? Probably not, seems to be a different spelling.
Anyway, obviously highly skilled but I figure he won't be picked until the 2nd round due to the KHL factor. I mean, there are 4 guys on Portland alone that could go in the first round and would all be thrilled to play in the NHL...why take a chance?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Is he related to Alexei Tereshenko, drafted by Dallas in 2000? Probably not, seems to be a different spelling.
Anyway, obviously highly skilled but I figure he won't be picked until the 2nd round due to the KHL factor. I mean, there are 4 guys on Portland alone that could go in the first round and would all be thrilled to play in the NHL...why take a chance?

:shakehead

The Russian Factor is alive and well, but at the very very very worst...Tarasenko slips out of the top ten.

member 30781

Does anyone have any info about how committed he is to come to the NHL?

He has two more years left on his contract in the KHL. He said he is going to finish those two before he comes to the NHL as he has an obligation he needs to fulfill with his team.

Thats not such great news for NHL teams as I think his stock will drop.

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
He has two more years left on his contract in the KHL. He said he is going to finish those two before he comes to the NHL as he has an obligation he needs to fulfill with his team.

OK, thanks. Haven't heard much about him and wondered where the hype was. That is probably a big part of it along with the being in the KHL.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
if he doesnt go top 5, he'll be a huge steal. The russian factor is there, and you may have to wait a few years for him, but he is just so much better than any other euro in this draft.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I wonder what kind of points Kabanov would be putting up if he was also there. It's definitely going to be interesting to see which of the two Russians turns out better.

gare joyce

Sep 7, 2007
If Svitov and Chistov are ahead of Datsyuk, Fedorov, Larionov and Kovalev, exactly what use is this list? Not much.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

It’s ironic that GMs like to put emphasis on ‘character’, yet it's the Russians who weasel out of existing contracts who are drafted higher; and players with the integrity to honour their existing commitments (like Tarasenko) are drafted lower.

The reasoning is obvious, but still.....:laugh:

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
The main question is... Will Tarasenko fall because of the 'Russian Factor' ?

There is no doubt in my mind that Tarasenko will fall out of this draft. How much of a want does he have to leave the KHL? How badly does he want to come to the NHL? After seeing Filatov bolt back to the Russia, Zherdev back to Russia, Radulov back to Russia, and recently Kabanov back to Russia, you would have to be scared as a General Manager of a hockey team to draft a guy like Tarasenko. If he is anything close to what Cherepanov could have been, then why would he not get drafted later in the draft? This has a fallen draft stock written all over it.

If Cherepanov dropped, there is no doubt in my mind this kid will see the same exact occurrence.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The main question is... Will Tarasenko fall because of the 'Russian Factor' ?

There is no doubt in my mind that Tarasenko will fall out of this draft. How much of a want does he have to leave the KHL? How badly does he want to come to the NHL? After seeing Filatov bolt back to the Russia, Zherdev back to Russia, and recently Kabanov back to Russia, you would have to be scared as a General Manager of a hockey team to draft a guy like Tarasenko. If he is anything close to what Cherepanov could have been, then why would he not get drafted later in the draft? This has a fallen draft stock written all over it.

If Cherepanov dropped, there is no doubt in my mind this kid will see the same exact occurrence.

That has to be such a difficult question to answer.

Maybe the better question is: how much is a scout worth if he can tell you that Tarasenko will/won't come over?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It's sounds to me like if he has committed to the KHL for two more years, that shouldn't hurt him too much. It would just be like having a player play junior for two more years...only in a more skilled league.

If he commits to come over after those two years, he likely won't slip much.

With that being said, i'm sure there are teams that have him lower on their draft boards than others...so the word "slipped" may be thrown around too loosely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad