Confirmed with Link: Vladar traded to Calgary for 2022 3rd Round Pick

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Damn, seems like a lower than expected return for him. Wouldn’t have expected a 1st, but he had pretty promising stats in the A, didn’t he? Oh well.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Don't hate the deal and I figured something like this was bound to happen. But man I'm gonna miss Darth Vladar, seemed like a great kid who everyone loves. Saw Lauko tweet a sad face and then I too was sad. :(

Hope he goes on to have a great career

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
1st round pick for an unproven goalie? That's just not happening. Jake Allen and Nedeljkovic were traded for 3rd rounders.
Agreed. I said I wouldn’t have expected that, but I guess goalies don’t seem to garner much more than the 3rd we got.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
I'm pretty happy with this trade as I didn't feel confident when Vladar was in net. An Ullmark - Swayman tandem is going to be sick guys !! I've read that the 2022 draft is pretty deep too, love it!!

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
A 3rd round pick for goalie who has only played 6 games in the nhl and looked just decent isn't a bad return. I think Vladar will have a decent nhl career but i don't see him becoming someone you rue letting go, not when you have someone like Swayman who's younger and better in the system

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Why do people think the Bruins could've gotten better value for a guy with 5 career NHL games.

I get he's an intriguing prospect, but G prospect returns are usually not even that high.. they got back his original draft round, I'm okay with that.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Wow.

Says alot about management and what they think about Swayman and Keyser (3-4 years away im assuming). Vladar has been a star for us and hope he has a long career. This seems like a "Hey... this kid needs a shot." type of deal.

Reactions: Alicat

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think the reality is that they decided that they didn't want to go with a Swayman/Vladar pairing because it was too much of a gamble when they think they're in "go for it" mode. They probably would have if they were in rebuild/retool mode. They're not going to keep 3 goalies on the roster, so you have to send one down. Swayman is clearly the better goalie at this point, and that goes back to the "go for it" point, where you're not going to send him down just so that Vladar doesn't have to go through waivers. That leaves your options of either trading him or allowing him to get claimed when you waived him, which 100% would have happened.

The return isn't good, but no one's giving you a 1st round pick for him on value alone, and the fact that teams know you'd have to waive him hurts his value, so you probably weren't getting a 2nd either. I would have preferred trading him for another prospect or potentially an NHL player who could help now, but it is what it is. Probably easier to make that trade now than it would be closer to the season. I can't say I'm all that worried about him making them look bad in Calgary.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
What prospects am I looking at for this spot next year, @Saxon Eric
Going forward Keyser and Troy Grosenick in Providence, Booth in Maine, The Swede in Dubuque USHL and earlier in the Summer they were rumored to be in on Quinnipiac's Keith Petruzzelli who would be a good get, will have to wait till August 15 on him

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why do people think the Bruins could've gotten better value for a guy with 5 career NHL games.

I get he's an intriguing prospect, but G prospect returns are usually not even that high.. they got back his original draft round, I'm okay with that.

Because people like to complain and this is just another thing to throw into the fire.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
A 3rd round pick for goalie who has only played 6 games in the nhl and looked just decent isn't a bad return. I think Vladar will have a decent nhl career but i don't see him becoming someone you rue letting go, not when you have someone like Swayman who's younger and better in the system
In all honesty, Swayman vs. Vladar could go either way, hate to bring it up, but remember Toronto letting go of Rask because they thought Pogge was the next big thing. Swayman is the new shiny toy, and obviously many (including management) think he has the higher upside.I also THINK Swayman does have more upside as well. But wouldn't be the first time experts or people were wrong.

Either way goalies are a crapshoot. It's risky, so hopefully we made the right choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad