Advice: Vitamins and hockey

IslesZoso

Apr 30, 2010
Great Neck, LI
I'm an older hockey player (turning 51 this year) who plays about 2-3 times a week. I've never used vitamins before, simply relying on a healthy varied diet. A skating instructor mentioned that as I get older I should start taking vitamins, specifically to help with hockey-related issues like energy absorption and release, strength, stamina and recovery, etc.

Any of you guys have experience with the multitude of vitamin products out there? I know it's a huge industry and I've had more than my fair share of people trying to sell me stuff. Those benefits all sound very enticing but I would hate to be rooked into spending lotsa dough on something that seems so nebulous and might end up having zero effect.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The past few years I've become very conscious of what I put into my body and as a result have developed a pretty strict diet. Vitamins are something that I looked into for their potential benefits, but there were just too many question marks surrounding them. Several studies have shown no significant benefits in a variety of instances. A lot of doctors and nutritionists have basically called them a waste of money.

Obviously there's two side to the argument and many still vouch for them, but I personally don't use them and believe you can pretty much get what your body needs out of a proper diet.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I don't know what you consider a lot of dough
But you can get a good quality multi for 35 bucks
And it's 50 day supply. The one I use is 80 bucks for
Two months but includes a superfood complex that has the
Equivalent antioxidants as 6 servings of veggies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad