Kravstov or Wahlstrom?

• Kravstov

• Wahlstrom

Results are only viewable after voting.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
It's funny, I bet >75% of the Rangers fanbase wanted Wahlstrom and was pissed we took Kravtsov. I wanted Wahlstrom too.

If you look at that draft thread, people were going nuts. Half the posts were "who the **** is this guy?" Looked like another huge NYR overdraft blunder. How things change in less than a year. Great work by Gorts.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Wahlstrom duped everyone with his shot playing with Hughes and Farabee. I bet if someone took him as high as 3rd no one would have cared.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you look at that draft thread, people were going nuts. Half the posts were "who the **** is this guy?" Looked like another huge NYR overdraft blunder. How things change in less than a year. Great work by Gorts.

I think everyone who followed the draft knew who Kravtsov was. He was consensus top 15 prospect, and a lot of people had him top 10 or 15.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think everyone who followed the draft knew who Kravtsov was. He was consensus top 15 prospect, and a lot of people had him top 10 or 15.
Kravtsov wasn't consensus top 15 and there definitely wasn't "a lot" of people having him in the top 10. Maybe a few but not a lot. He was an off the board pick who could've gone anywhere in the 1st, no one really knew about him

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kravtsov wasn't consensus top 15 and there definitely wasn't "a lot" of people having him in the top 10. Maybe a few but not a lot. He was an off the board pick who could've gone anywhere in the 1st, no one really knew about him

Kravtsov was ranked 12th on McKenzie's list. McKenzie compiles the scouts opinions, and what he puts out there is always the closest to what the consensus in the NHL.

Pronman had Kravtsov at #15. Central Scouting had him ranked as the #3 European skater, and the top two were top 10 picks. He was listed ahead of the player who went #3, Kotkaniemi. Kournianos had Kravtsov at 17, Last Word on Sports had him at 16. The Rangers own SB Nation site had him at 14.

Consensus with Russian players playing in Russia is often harder to come by than for American or Canadian players. A lot of people who put out opinions on the draft don't actually take the time to properly scout the Russian leagues, and therefore rely a lot on international viewings for their rankings of Russian players. But Kravtsov was not off the board. He might've been over-drafted by a few slots, taking into account the consensus view and the players left on the board at pick 9, but it wasn't an off the board pick, like we saw the year prior from the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad