Injury Report: Visnovsky, Hamonic, Nabokov

IslanderPride

Fire & Ice
Jul 5, 2008
NY
Lubomir Visnovsky, Travis Hamonic and Evgeni Nabokov all skated this morning. Getting closer..
All could be back soon which will give us a major boost.

Would love to see this lineup by the time the Olympic break is over

Vanek-Tavares-Okposo

Lee-B.Nelson-Strome

Grabner-Nielsen-Clutterbuck

Martin-Cizikas-McDonald

Hamonic-de Haan

Visnovsky-Donovan

Hickey-Strait

Nabokov

Poulin

Possibly trade Andrew MacDonald and Josh Bailey in a package for another forward or Dman which would change the lineup alitte depending on who we could get .

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
with these 3 guys coming back to the lineup soon, I feel we might have a chance to make a run. If both Hamonic and Visnovsky come back, I would also strongly consider trading MacDonald because we wouldn't really need him anymore and we could get a nice return

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
We miss both Vis and Hammer...but if Nabby can come back and give us dome solid goaltending, it could really be big.

IslanderPride

Fire & Ice
Jul 5, 2008
NY
"@StapeNewsday: But time to move on. #Isles are off Sunday, host the Bruins on Monday. Visnovsky may play on Monday, source told me after the game."

"@StapeNewsday: And I would expect Nabokov to come off IR tomorrow or Monday. Not sure his first game should be 5-degree outdoor game, so we'll see. #Isles"

"@StapeNewsday: And Hamonic could be back by end of next week if no setbacks. Perhaps early following week. Still, good news there. #Isles"

IslanderPride

Fire & Ice
Jul 5, 2008
NY
Injured Islanders Lubomir Visnovsky, Evgeni Nabokov, Travis Hamonic skate
Published: January 25, 2014 9:07 PM
By ARTHUR STAPLE [email protected]

Three injured Islanders skated Saturday morning and all of them -- Lubomir Visnovsky, Evgeni Nabokov and Travis Hamonic, who joined the skaters for the first time since suffering a concussion Jan. 12 -- constituted good news for the Isles.

Hamonic, who got hurt in Dallas two weeks ago and flew home before the end of the team's six-game road trip, took the biggest step. Having been cleared through the concussion protocol to resume skating, he leaped over a few hurdles in the last few days.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...evgeni-nabokov-travis-hamonic-skate-1.6879169

Last edited by a moderator:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Hate to spoil the party, but you guys do realize we have to go 19-9-2 just to reach 90 pts. right?

And we will most likely need more than 90 to even make the final wild card.

Although not impossible if the stars align and a few teams fall off the map, it will be yet another mini miracle.

Another reason why I'm still pissed about todays sequence of events.

Miracle or not this season showed how lucky we were. If we miss the playoffs by 3-5 points I will be pissed that we couldnt get any depth.

Hopefully with these guys coming back we can go on a run, and then Vanek resigns :)

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Not to worried about Hamonic since he hasn't been out long. But really hope they all play Monday night, especially vis and nabby so they can get there feet wet before the Yankee stadium game. Would be a huge boost if all 3 are back in time for the outdoor game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad