OT: Visitor's Guide to Tampa: All Questions Here!

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
Hei Bolts Fans!

We will be visiting Tampa for our first vacation in many years and luckily the Lightning are going to be on a home stand so we will be stopping in for a game, most likely against the Wings on April 19 - maybe two if I can convince my wife and daughter.

I have couple of questions if anyone can help your help is much appreciated.
We will be staying in AirBnB on North Rocky Point. I google map it and it looks to be a 20 minute drive to arena. Would it be easier to take our rental car or an Uber? (We have never taken an Uber before). Is there maybe a bus or taxi?

I am planning to use seatgeek to find some last minute ticket bargains for lower seating closer to the ice. Has anyone had any experience with this? Will the Lightning accept tickets on phone?
Many thanks for the help and this very nice city guide!

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I've taken Uber to games before it's pretty convenient. I would make sure they know exactly where to drop you off though as one time I had a driver take me all around the arena before letting me out lol. There is a designated area for Ubers. Driving there yourself isn't too big a deal but finding parking can be tricky if you're new so look up the lots first (get the Park mobile app and skip the line to pay imo)

For tickets now it's pretty much all mobile ticketing now I think so I dunno how SeatGeek works but you need a way to provide a barcode with the ticket (preferably through something like Google wallet or ticketmaster app).

Reactions: FinnBear

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
Thank you very much for your reply.
It gave me lot of helpful information.

I googled information for Uber amd it looks as if there are two pick up spots after game available. We never have taken an Uber so this is good to know. We would have waited outside doors waiting for ride for days :DD
So we need to go to Convention Center after the game.
I also looked at parking and two parking lots are ready sold out. Game is not for another 16 days!
It is quite mind blowing for someone from small town with lots of public transportation.

It's been year since using ticket apps and I am shocked how much fees are. 30 to 50 dollars to send me email with bar code. That's crazy!
I may try box office online instead.
Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

eric2282

Jun 25, 2022
Hey guys! Sorry if this is not the right thread but I did not want the night to go to waste. I would rather it go to another fan going to the game. It is the Marriott Water Street right next to the arena. We paid $450 but willing to hook someone up. It is currently sold out, I believe. Please let me know and we can email and text. Thanks!

eric2282

Jun 25, 2022
Hi Guys! We cant make it to Game 6 but already locked in a hotel at the Marriott Water Street right next to Amalie. We will let it go for less than we paid. Just want it to go to another person going to the game! Hit me up on here and we can email or text.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

DMVhockeyman84

Aug 28, 2019
If I was to come into and go to Hattricks Tavern in Tampa, does Hattricks carry the NHL Center Ice TV package if I come to the establishment and wanna watch an out-of-market NHL game during hockey season?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Hello HF Lightning just wanted to introduce myself. I regularly post on HF Pens, I'm from PA and moved to Florida a couple years ago. I'm a Steelers fan and recently adopted the Bucs as, so go Bucs.

I'm trying to like the Bolts though it's hard with the rivalry with the Pens. I'm working on it though.

My thing is, root for the local teams but not to forget your roots.

Edit: I didn't know where to put this so I'm leaving it here

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek and Discipline

hockeyfan4ever

Jan 24, 2008
Hi. I'm coming from Canada to watch the Bucs and the Lightning play in December. My question is that if I convert cash into card at Raymond James Stadium, am I able to use that card at Amalie Arena? IIRC, I don't think Amalie Arena has the option of converting cash into card but I could be wrong. Thanks.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
There are machines at amalie that turn cash to card but I'd assume yours would work anyway.

Tamfastic

Nov 24, 2014
Hello!

Going to stop in Tampa for a few days, as a part of our roadtrip (Miami - New Orleans) at December. We have tickets to Leafs @ Tampa 3rd of December. Its going to be a first one for me. Had tickets to conference finals Red Wings - Mighty Ducks in 2002, game 5. Too bad Anaheim swept that series xD. As a Finn, im interested is there any pubs or bars where fans hang around before game etc. All tips are appreciated.

edit. Also going to see Buccs game monday after that and NBA game at Orlando before arriving in Tampa.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightningStrikes

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Staying in Clearwater over the winter break - anyone got some food recommendations? I’ve never been to Tampa and really looking forward to it!

We have a 4 year old and an infant, so nothing fine dining or really alcohol related - just looking for good family restaurants. Wife loves seafood so she will be in heaven.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Haven't spent a lot of time in Clearwater honestly but Frenchy's is kind of a go to for the grouper sandwich.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
This might be where to put this question, if not mods please move.

Does anyone know the price of the Reverse Retros player jerseys at the Arena? Thanks in advance!

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Hey gentlemen and gentleladies, does anyone know where I may be able to get 2 tickets tot he Red Wings v Lightning game on April 13th? Seatgeek and all that jazz are charging $75 in addition to every ticket for that game (stupid).

Any help would be greatly appreciated <3

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Hi guys, heading down for the game April 1. Where do you guys recommend staying, Tampa, St. Pete, or Clearwater? I have no problem with the extra 30-40 minute travel time, if that's the best option. Thanks in advance.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Depends what you want to do. If you want to get some beach time in, Clearwater. If you want trendy dining and walkability, St. Pete. If you want to hit bars and clubs or other attractions like Busch Gardens, Tampa. Though they all can fit your needs (besides beach in Tampa at least, not that it's too far a trek either).

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Bruins fan here, had a great time in Tampa last week, even though B.U. lost to the Gophers. I drank a lot at Hattricks, and whenever someone saw my "BOSTON" jersey and brought up the Bruins, I told them I often think about the 2019 Lightning. It's the hockey playoffs, after all, I'm a worrywart.

Reactions: Hoek

NottinghamPanthers

Apr 17, 2023
Hello, Ice Hockey fan(s) from the UK here! Whilst in Orlando to do the usual tourist stuff we have booked tickets to the playoff game on the 24th April. We will be driving in from Orlando on the day and wondered if anyone could recommend a place to park and should we pre-book parking and to eat before the game?

Also is it a good idea to travel early in case of traffic on our way over?

Any help would be appreciated.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Hello, Ice Hockey fan(s) from the UK here! Whilst in Orlando to do the usual tourist stuff we have booked tickets to the playoff game on the 24th April. We will be driving in from Orlando on the day and wondered if anyone could recommend a place to park and should we pre-book parking and to eat before the game?

Also is it a good idea to travel early in case of traffic on our way over?

Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, you'll want to travel early because traffic is often horrendous on the interstate once you get close to Tampa and downtown is a zoo on game nights. If you're a little early it's not a big deal as there's plenty of places to eat and stuff going on pre-game outside the stadium as well.

In terms of parking, there's tons of random parking lots offering parking for cash as well as several parking garages. If you're arriving early you will have no issue with parking.

In terms of food there's tons of restaurants down there. I'm not picky and I don't really remember the names of the places I've gone down there. If you head to the Sparkman Wharf area just east of Amalie, you'll find lots of places.

I'd say the most important thing is to get there early, expect heavy traffic and mayhem. If you're coming to the game from the UK, why not make the most of it? Having an extra 30+ minutes to mess around isn't going to kill you, but having 30 minutes less than you planned on needing will. Time really flies once you start walking around down there.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Top restaurants to try in and around Amalie? Every suggestion appreciated!

I wanted to try the NY pizza place, but they are closed until Wednesday :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad