OT: Visitor's Guide to Tampa: All Questions Here!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Top restaurants to try in and around Amalie? Every suggestion appreciated!

I wanted to try the NY pizza place, but they are closed until Wednesday :(

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Top restaurants to try in and around Amalie? Every suggestion appreciated!

I wanted to try the NY pizza place, but they are closed until Wednesday :(

Yeoman's, walking distance from Amalie, has fantastic fish and chips. Mac n cheese was disappointing, but most everything else I've had there is good.

Hattricks, also walking distance, has great wings, but the place can be a madhouse on game day/nights.

The Tampa History Museum which is close by has the Columbia Cafe. You can get probably the best Cuban sandwich in the area, closes at 5pm though.

A lot of places are open now at Sparkman's Wharf, but I haven't had a chance to go down there much to give any recommendations, close location though.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Any metalheads here? Wondering what the best option for metal records is. I'll be in Tampa for a weekend trip. Hoping to fit a record store or two in.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Living in Central Florida for the last 3 years has started to make me partial and pull more and more for the Lightning (resisted it at first, but have been growing into it). I'm from PA and grew up a Pens fan but that chapter of my life in PA is over. I love it in Florida and am staying here.

Also, being Buccaneers fan since the late 90s feels like it makes more sense to me to also be a Lightning fan. I'd like to pop in now and then but I know I've been on the other end of our playoff rivalry. I like both teams.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hello
We(two families) have a place in Apollo Beach for Christmas and have tickets to the Bucs game on December 31st.
Any suggestions on transport for 8 to and from the Stadium? I can see there are places to go after the game within a reasonable walk, any suggestions? Is it a safe area to walk? How difficult is it to get a table after a game?

Appreciate any suggestions or help that's offered.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Uh depends what you mean by reasonable walk but it's doable I guess. At least it won't be hot. Never done it myself. It's a 1:00 game right? I wouldn't go anywhere right along Dale Mabry but if you can make the hike to Boy Scout Blvd and the places there then sure. Not sure about transport for 8. Might just need two Ubers or maybe google shuttle van service.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Uh depends what you mean by reasonable walk but it's doable I guess. At least it won't be hot. Never done it myself. It's a 1:00 game right? I wouldn't go anywhere right along Dale Mabry but if you can make the hike to Boy Scout Blvd and the places there then sure. Not sure about transport for 8. Might just need two Ubers or maybe google shuttle van service.
Thanks.

Are you saying this wouldn't be a safe walk?

1702319384789.png

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Anyone ever been to Coopers Hawk Winery? Thinking of that for a dinner spot post game.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Anyone ever been to Coopers Hawk Winery? Thinking of that for a dinner spot post game.
Anyone referencing Jack Lambert is absolutely cool in my book! But they close at 9 (and 10 on weekends) so might be cutting it really close unless it's an afternoon game. Might want to call ahead too.

Have the Soy Ginger Salmon - won't regret it

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Anyone referencing Jack Lambert is absolutely cool in my book! But they close at 9 (and 10 on weekends) so might be cutting it really close unless it's an afternoon game. Might want to call ahead too.

Have the Soy Ginger Salmon - won't regret it
Thanks, 1pm game on New Years Eve, so it’ll be an early reservation.
Just thought it may be easier to hang around after the game and have some dinner while traffic clears out.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Staying in Orlando February 28-March 7th. Planning on bringing my family (wife + 6 year old and 3 year old) to the Lightning game March 2nd against the Habs. Tickets seem to be ~100ish for the 300 level. It is a Saturday night so perhaps pricier than normal? What is the typical price to pay? Being that my kids may not make it through the whole game, I'm looking to be as budget friendly as possible. Wondering if tickets will get cheaper closer to, or if I run the risk of it being a sell-out?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Staying in Orlando February 28-March 7th. Planning on bringing my family (wife + 6 year old and 3 year old) to the Lightning game March 2nd against the Habs. Tickets seem to be ~100ish for the 300 level. It is a Saturday night so perhaps pricier than normal? What is the typical price to pay? Being that my kids may not make it through the whole game, I'm looking to be as budget friendly as possible. Wondering if tickets will get cheaper closer to, or if I run the risk of it being a sell-out?
Thats prob about the norm these days, popular + success + flex pricing snowbirds & holiday travelers

Reactions: CoopersFalls

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This may be a strange question, but what’s the cannabis situation for someone coming from Canada? It sounds like the only way to legally buy cannabis in Florida is with a state medical card which I obviously wouldn’t have. Is this accurate? Are there any alternatives or do you need a guy like the old days? Where I live I just go to the local store and buy these disposable cannabis vapes which are super convenient. Was hoping I could do the same for an upcoming vacation.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Originally down in Florida for Nascar at Daytona but, no racing is gonna happen today. So some NHL action today in it's place! I'll wear my Devils jersey that was in my car waiting for the occasion. We'll almost the right occasion. The Devils play later tonight about 1,000 miles away.:laugh:

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Coming to Tampa for the concert tonight at Raymond James. Would I be able to eat at Coopers Hawk and leave my car, walk to the stadium, and return after the show? Or park and walk from any other restaurants near the stadium?

Last edited:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Coming to Tampa for the concert tonight at Raymond James. Would I be able to eat at Coopers Hawk and leave my car, walk to the stadium, and return after the show? Or park and walk from any other restaurants near the stadium?
Sorry, really have no idea. We ended up just Uberimg in and out to the game.

Game wasn’t the greatest, Bucs lost, but we had a fantastic time. Met some great people at the tailgate, so friendly.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hey guys...been a crazy year going back to last June. Dad passed and some other life bumps.

Well, my mom's BF lost her husband 2 months ago. Myself and the other son are doing Mothers and Sons day tomorrow and going to the game. Are there any rooftop bars to hit near Amalie? Honestly, I am out of the loop.
a
Any suggestions? We are Uber from my house in Ballast Point and my mom is staying the night(thanks to my better half who loves my mom..amen). Any cool spots or ideas? She's a young 75 but drink Chevis on the rocks LOL.

Thanks in advance. Really interested in a rooftop place or just a cool bar close(not hattricks).

Go Bolts!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hey guys...been a crazy year going back to last June. Dad passed and some other life bumps.

Well, my mom's BF lost her husband 2 months ago. Myself and the other son are doing Mothers and Sons day tomorrow and going to the game. Are there any rooftop bars to hit near Amalie? Honestly, I am out of the loop.
a
Any suggestions? We are Uber from my house in Ballast Point and my mom is staying the night(thanks to my better half who loves my mom..amen). Any cool spots or ideas? She's a young 75 but drink Chevis on the rocks LOL.

Thanks in advance. Really interested in a rooftop place or just a cool bar close(not hattricks).

Go Bolts!
Never actually been so can't speak to the service or anything but the photos from the Beacon look nice and it's right next to Amalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad