OT: Visiting Toronto

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm going with my girlfriend, and yes we are both drinkers. The distillery district sounds like its right up our alley.

Id like to do some of the touristy things but when it comes down to it, the culture and the food of the city are more important.
Sounds like you'll enjoy that area then. What kind of food do you normally enjoy?

The guy is from Philadelphia.

I don't think Jane/Finch is as bad as North Philly.

I've been through Philly, and a good chunk of major cities across the US, our "bad area" of town is nothing compared to their version. This might be the safest city outside of Europe.

Durkin67

Greetings fellow large market comrades! (ranger fan).

I will be visiting Toronto for my birthday over the weekend of March 13th-15th.

I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on what things I should check out when I'm in town.

Sadly, the Leafs aren't home, so catching a game is out. I will be visiting the HOF, but after that, There are not many plans.

Thanks guys!

I'd maybe hit up a Marlies game. Theres also a great sports bar attached to the hockey hall of fame called the bottom line. Great place, usually a number of NHL alumni hanging around inside as well.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto

I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on what things I should check out when I'm in town.

Sadly, the Leafs aren't home, so catching a game is out. I will be visiting the HOF, but after that, There are not many plans.

Thanks guys!

Ignore the stupid suggestions. Answer me these questions and I will provide a full itinerary:

What types of food do you like, conventional or more trendy? What culture, italian, greek, thai etc?

Do you like coffee /espresso's?

Which hotel are you staying at?

You like beer - Go to the Distillery District. Its a cool vibe cobble stone streets. Also take the Steam Whistle Brewery tour, its fun. Don't try the raw hops, or do, but i warned you.

Go shopping in the Eaton Center - Yonge / Dundas - Queen Street or Yorkville. The Canadian dollar is seriously sucking right now in relation to the US, so you can definitely get your moneys worth.

Check out Real Sports Bar if you want to see the largest indoor bar screen in North America. Also the food is pretty good. Its expensive, but your dollar rocks right now so you can afford it.

Answer the questions above and I'll give some of the top foodie joints in the city.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
You could also go to see the Pandas at the Toronto Zoo! :amazed:

Better than seeing the Phaneuf, and his fellow monkeys, playing hockey at the ACC! :D

Excuse you. That is an insult to monkeys. Did you know that chimpanzees can communicate their favourite fruits and where to find them to other chimps?

On the topic, it's hard to answer the question without more specific interests listed. Toronto is a major metropolitan city and has something for everyone. Plenty of sports to be watched around the area.

yideboit

Aug 5, 2010

Thanks guys!

don't feel like reading all the responses ...but heres my thoughts...

i dont want to burst your bubble but i found the HOF to be overrated and a waste of time and money ... i thought maybe i was having an off day or something so i've been twice and both times left feeling underwhelmed. a few of my friends have said the same but i also know a few people who enjoyed it. personally, i'd recommend not going, but to each their own!

as for things to do:

kensington market, cn tower come to mind immediately as two fun things.

for food:

i'd say just check out reviews online as everyone likes something different.

in any case, have fun and enjoy

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
If you enjoy Simcity on the pc, head out to Mississauga. Looks like it was created by a bored insurance broker. Wonderful. Vibrant. Square.

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
Hey guys,

Coming to Toronto for the Blues/Leafs in march..is the morning skate or practice on saturday open to the public?

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Every night go to a different neighborhood to dine. we have brazillian, portuguese, greek, italian, pakistani, chinese, etc. anything you can think of and will get an authentic experience. time to explore different foods.

visit niagara falls, canadian side. it's only about an hour from toronto on a good driving day. one of the wonders of the world.

ripley's aquarium is amazing. i've been once with my kid and we had a great time. walking in a tunnel under sharks was great.

you can always go up the cn tower and have a dinner at the rotating restaurant and have a great view of the city. it's one and a half times as high as the view from the umpire.

then you have all the great places like the Royal Ontario Musuem, Art Gallery of Ontario, Science center, etc.

Club district, distillery district. check local newspapers for live music shows, a great night out.

most importantly just have fun and enjoy the wonderful people of toronto. let the guards down and enjoy.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
af2afd7cba72a04dfa21374b5aba85a3a227ee3b18aa7e0ecf45ff5bb15e72b8.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad