SHL: Visiting Stockholm and seeing Djurgarden vs. Mora

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
What should I expect? I won a free trip to Stockholm and I couldn't resist taking in a game. We got seats in the supporters' section (translated as "Active Seating," which made me laugh). Best food and drink in the arena? Is it easy to follow without speaking Swedish? Is there public transit convenient to the arena, or would you recommend taxi/ride sharing?

Also, trying to get a table at Frantzén for Saturday night, and taking other food recommendations. Definitely trying to get some authentic meatballs, Kardemummabullar, etc.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Active seating means that you're expected to take some part of cheers and chants but won't have to stand up the entire game. You'll be fine just clapping along here and there.

Metro station "Globen" is the closest but "Gullmarsplan" also a short walk. There are some more basic pub food/fast food/mall restaurants nearby in the area.

I think the atmosphere at the game will be OK, won't be packed or come close to Djurgården at their best unfortunately with such a short time before the playoffs and the opponent being a bottom-dweller that nobody can even bother to dislike. It will still be something different from a regular North American game but probably won't be anything electric on that particular night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad