Visiting LA? Where to go? What to do? Ask here

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Yeah that's what i've been reading, ya'll aren't used to the Humidity like us Eastern folk!
That's one of the many reasons we live here. Humidity sucks as do the insects associated with it. And one can never place enough value on the temperature dropping like it does at sunset. I barely have to run my a/c . Maybe 3x a year during August and September

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
That's one of the many reasons we live here. Humidity sucks as do the insects associated with it. And one can never place enough value on the temperature dropping like it does at sunset. I barely have to run my a/c . Maybe 3x a year during August and September
Can confirm, humidity blows.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
And weather in general. I don't think people who live outside SoCal can truly understand how awesome it is to not have weather effect your life.
No being snowed in, very few lighting storms, and then there are things like hurricanes.
No thanks
I dunno, the snow and thunderstorms has been pretty cool tbh. Then again it barely snowed last winter so maybe I’ll change my mind when we have a hellish winter. Pouring rain and lightning in summer is cool though. Just not the humidity

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
One question I can't seem to find a decent answer to, checked reddit etc but can't find a good Answer.

I'd like to get a Kobe Bryant Jersey but not have to pay through the nose, $300 is a little steep. Is there any places in LA that might have better prices on this kinda stuff? I'm willing to pay up to $200 if I have to.

I heard places like Dick's is hit and miss, and the Lakers store in El Segundo (we're staying nearby) has a good selection but expect to pay a premium.

That's insane, we've used our AC for the entire month of July with humidity being in the 70's-80's with the average temperature being in the 80's.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
One question I can't seem to find a decent answer to, checked reddit etc but can't find a good Answer.

I'd like to get a Kobe Bryant Jersey but not have to pay through the nose, $300 is a little steep. Is there any places in LA that might have better prices on this kinda stuff? I'm willing to pay up to $200 if I have to.

I heard places like Dick's is hit and miss, and the Lakers store in El Segundo (we're staying nearby) has a good selection but expect to pay a premium.

That's insane, we've used our AC for the entire month of July with humidity being in the 70's-80's with the average temperature being in the 80's.
I can't help with the first part. I hate basketball and Lakers fans here in SoCal are entitled f***s. The advice you got sounds good though

We followed the advice of many in the LA sub on reddit and rented offsite, ended up getting a great deal at Sixt Venice beach, price difference was around $163 for the same car, same number of days.

Question for you folk, we're coming down in a week and were told get ready for 100F weather, but seeing it's been around the 80's lately, is that seasonally below normal for you guys? Also we're staying in Hawthrone, so we're kinda glad it'll be a few degrees cooler.

Hawthorne area gets a cool breeze most of the summer from the ocean. It's actually cooler there sometimes than Long Beach where I live. Typically the hottest time of the year is late August through September. Even the beaches can see temperatures approach triple digits at that time of the year.

Reactions: Carbooja

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Hey, i'm visiting in October. What the best advice for buying tickets for NFL games at SoFi. Do i wait as close to the game as possible for best deals.

I want to go to Chargers v Cowboys Monday night football, but prices a pretty crazy $150 for nosebleeds. Is it likely to go down?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hey, i'm visiting in October. What the best advice for buying tickets for NFL games at SoFi. Do i wait as close to the game as possible for best deals.

I want to go to Chargers v Cowboys Monday night football, but prices a pretty crazy $150 for nosebleeds. Is it likely to go down?
The only thing that I can add is there are a ton of Cowboys fans in SoCal from the time when we didn't have a team.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yo friends, I'm a Bruins fan and considering getting a ticket to the game tomorrow. It's shocking to me that tickets on Stubhub are actually less expensive for the Kings than the Sunday night Ducks game in Anaheim. I've never been to Staples before. I've been to the LA Live area with family and know there's that parking garage there, is that the most recommended place to park for a game, and how much are they charging this year? Otherwise what would you recommend? Also, if I'm driving up from Orange County, how early should I leave in traffic if i wanted to get there by warmups? Like 4:30 PM or so?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Yo friends, I'm a Bruins fan and considering getting a ticket to the game tomorrow. It's shocking to me that tickets on Stubhub are actually less expensive for the Kings than the Sunday night Ducks game in Anaheim. I've never been to Staples before. I've been to the LA Live area with family and know there's that parking garage there, is that the most recommended place to park for a game, and how much are they charging this year? Otherwise what would you recommend? Also, if I'm driving up from Orange County, how early should I leave in traffic if i wanted to get there by warmups? Like 4:30 PM or so?
yes

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Hello, I'm a Winnipeg Jets fan visiting LA for the Jets-Kings game in December 13th. A couple of questions:

1. Can fans from any section come down and watch the warm-up from ice level?
2. I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I see lots available on secondary sites like StubHub. I'd like to try to get a decent price for lower bowl seats. Is waiting until game day a good strategy for getting good ticket deals? The game is a Wednesday against Winnipeg, so presumably not the hottest ticket compared to other games.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Hello, I'm a Winnipeg Jets fan visiting LA for the Jets-Kings game in December 13th. A couple of questions:

1. Can fans from any section come down and watch the warm-up from ice level?
2. I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I see lots available on secondary sites like StubHub. I'd like to try to get a decent price for lower bowl seats. Is waiting until game day a good strategy for getting good ticket deals? The game is a Wednesday against Winnipeg, so presumably not the hottest ticket compared to other games.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

1. Yes, for warmups you can go down to watch at ice level. Just let the ushers know that you're going down to watch. For visiting team you'll want to go down section 112-119 which where they'll warmup.
2. Just looking at the prices right now, both on stubhub and the kings website, lower bowl seats look like a good deal right now compared to other games.

Reactions: Brominator

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I apologize if it has been answered in this thread but what is driving to a game like? Is there ample pakring and how much is it?

Going to Kings vs Oilers in Feb. Will be coming from Anaheim as we are bringing family to disney. not sure if we should do rental car or uber. Wife seems pretty determined to get a rental, so any advice on parking would be great.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Anyone have any advice going to the Rose Parade? Or is it just going to be a disaster getting in and out no matter what? I have my daughter this year for Christmas and we are extending our trip to go the Rose Bowl, but wanted to surprise her with the parade too. We are staying at my moms down in South OC, is this a "leave at 3 AM situation"?

I apologize if it has been answered in this thread but what is driving to a game like? Is there ample pakring and how much is it?

Going to Kings vs Oilers in Feb. Will be coming from Anaheim as we are bringing family to disney. not sure if we should do rental car or uber. Wife seems pretty determined to get a rental, so any advice on parking would be great.

I always tell my friends from elsewhere who are visiting SoCal to rent a car, it's not like New York, Chicago or Orlando where everything is more centralized. I'm guessing you are looking at around $80-100 round trip from Disney to Staples. I would rent a car, not only for the game but to do other things too, keep it for a couple of days and take your family to Newport or Huntington, especially if you get nice weather.

As far as parking, I've always had good luck all around the country saving a few bucks using SpotHero, it's usually a lot cheaper than buying parking as you arrive at the venue.

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Definitely rent a car. I suggest using Turo instead of traditional car rental agencies

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Anyone have any advice going to the Rose Parade? Or is it just going to be a disaster getting in and out no matter what? I have my daughter this year for Christmas and we are extending our trip to go the Rose Bowl, but wanted to surprise her with the parade too. We are staying at my moms down in South OC, is this a "leave at 3 AM situation"?

I always tell my friends from elsewhere who are visiting SoCal to rent a car, it's not like New York, Chicago or Orlando where everything is more centralized. I'm guessing you are looking at around $80-100 round trip from Disney to Staples. I would rent a car, not only for the game but to do other things too, keep it for a couple of days and take your family to Newport or Huntington, especially if you get nice weather.

As far as parking, I've always had good luck all around the country saving a few bucks using SpotHero, it's usually a lot cheaper than buying parking as you arrive at the venue.
Thanks really appreciate this. Never heard of Spot Hero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad