Value of: Virtanen Markstrom for Lindholm Darling

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Virtanen was rushed into the NHL, and had no business being on the roster at 19yo: he would just be graduating college this year had he gone the NCAA route. How many years are you willing to give Adam Gaudette to develop? b/c they're the same age.

Not local boy treatment at all, it's "let a potential powerforward develop to the point that you're absolutely sure you know what he is so it won't come back to haunt you" like the Cam Neely trade. Also, it took Todd Bertuzzi until 25yo to put up a decent season, and the Sedins til 25/26yo to develop into 1st liners -- I'd exercise patience w/ him.

It doesn't take 8 pro seasons to determine if he can be top 6 forward. He had 3 years in whl already. Having him there for 4th year is not going to much a difference for his development. Playing nhl was the right move. People saying Virtanen he was rushed to the nhl is just making excuses for him.

Gaudette. Not sure I have to see a few years of him in the nhl for me to determine that.

I don't quite understand your compairson. Sedins put 0.9 ppg playing against men in Sweden. Dominated the wjc. First two nhl seasons Sedins double amount of points Virtanen had. Bertuzzi double the amount of points in his first 2 nhl season as well. He scored more in junior as well.

Virtanen didn't even completely dominate junior. Anytime Virtanen plays higher level of hockey wjc, Nhl, ahl he has struggle. A player that never dominated any level of hockey and goes three straight year without scoring more than 10 goals and 20 points a season. One of those years in the ahl. So all of sudden later on his career he is going become a top 6 forward? I dont think so. Since he turned pro he hasn't shown anything that he can be a top 6 F.

I said so many times. It's Virtanen sexy skating rnd to end rushes that is tricking you guys into think he is something special. It takes more than speed and size to score at the nhl level. Skill and hockey sense. He doesn't have that.

Virtanen for Linholm is a steal. Jb turning down that deal is ridiculous

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
I wouldn’t want to give up virtanen.

He was really stringing games together down the stretch.

He has the ability to take over a game and dominate with speed and physicality. He’s working all off season with a stick handling skills coach.

I think this coming season is where we find out what he is as an nhler... still loads of potential imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad