Vinzenz Rohrer - Ottawa 67s RW (2022, 75th, MTL)

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Haven’t seen him in the OHL yet but he’s a very unique player. I enjoy following prospects in the German-speaking countries, so I watch the Swiss U20 league a decent amount. In general, players who are good enough to be successful in the CHL will destroy the Swiss U20 league. Even among the league’s top scorers, few will be good enough to make it and become high-end CHLers. Liekit Reichle in Prince George is an example for a player who scored like crazy in Switzerland but is just solid in the dub.

Now, enough of the preamble. Rohrer is so unique because he spent the majority of 2020-21 in the U17 league and didn’t score much in the U20. Yet he seems to be doing really well in Ottawa. Would love to hear an attempted explanation from someone who’s watched him more both in Switzerland and in Ottawa.

Reactions: JapanesePopstar

JapanesePopstar

Sep 29, 2021
Now, enough of the preamble. Rohrer is so unique because he spent the majority of 2020-21 in the U17 league and didn’t score much in the U20. Yet he seems to be doing really well in Ottawa. Would love to hear an attempted explanation from someone who’s watched him more both in Switzerland and in Ottawa.
He was doing really well in the U17 and then got call ups during the season. He struggled in his first roughly 10 games in the U20, then got more and more acquainted and started slowly scoring. Just when he more or less found his groove in the U20, he was called down to the U17 again (together with Segafredo) since the team had a shot at winning the championship (which they did with Rohrer as their C).
Nevertheless his good start at Ottawa comes a bit as a surprise though I already had a high opinion on him, but I thought he'd need more time to acclimate. Admittedly, I only saw highlights of his Ottawa games. But from what I could read, he appears to be regularly among the better players amongst the line up.

Reactions: pgfan66

jibbz

Mar 9, 2019
Does anyone know about his strengths and weaknesses? I know he's a great skater based on reports I have read, but I do wonder why he isn't ranked higher than he is. He's got decent size, is virtually in his D-1 season (a few away from being picked next year), is one of the best skaters of the draft allegedly, and was the topscorer of his team. That looks pretty impressive to me.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
One of the more underrated players going into the draft in my opinion. He reminds me of Alex Formenton in a sense in that he is such a good skater and always has his motor going.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00