OT: Vintage Kings Jersey's Worn the Last 2 Years

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
as of now they are unavailable to the public. the only ones you will find are game worn authentics available through MeiGray, or counterfeits. they should become available this coming season as they are slated to become LA's official 3rd jersey.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
as of now they are unavailable to the public. the only ones you will find are game worn authentics available through MeiGray, or counterfeits. they should become available this coming season as they are slated to become LA's official 3rd jersey.

I was one that thought this as well but I saw a post over on Ice Jerseys and it stated that Reebok is not going to be making authentic 3rd jerseys for teams to sell. I know when I read it my heart sank. I want an authentic throwback jersey and Meigray is charging 100% more for those than even a playoff worn jersey for those few players they still have left. We can hope this is only for 3rd party retailers and that the team LA store will have them. But sadly I wouldn't count on it. Since if they were going to be making them for sale to the public they would probably have them avail to all retailers.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=5725&p=120999

Thank you for contacting IceJerseys.com.

We are sorry to inform you that presently this is all that is offered by Reebok...
We have also been told there will be a short list of teams available next fall as well and only in the
home team. We as a retailer find this very frustrating as there is great demand for authentic edge 2.0 jerseys
(made in Canada), but Reebok does not want to carry the inventory...

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

- IceJerseys Customer Service

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
they are struggling with bringing the manufacture back to Canada. the Indonesia experiment was a huge failure. overall reebok has completely **** up the NHL's jersey sales pipeline imo. the edge concept at best is a 50-50 reception from fans. the quality of especially the replicas has been crap from the start and got worse with the indo-edges. now they have to bring the manufacturing to NA, which has completely slowed down sales. authentic LA jerseys have been essentially unavailable to the public now for a year. you can find the ****** replicas, but good luck finding a pro weight authentic.

i can't imagine the league office will let this continue for long. every team and every jersey has been available up until the past 1-2 years when all of this went south. this is why myself and others have been saying the Legends jersey will be available next year.

the counterfeiters have made a killing off this the past year as demand for LA jerseys, including the much desired Legends jersey. i guarantee you that penguin Bettman is sitting in his office with very accurate numbers how much the league is losing because of this.

the bigger issue is the consolidation that took place years ago and saw Adidas - Reebok buy their way into the hockey world. those great names from the past that would compete against Reebok for a future jersey contract are now owned by Adidas - Reebok. gone are CCM, Jofa, Heaton, Titan and Canadian. right now i think only Nike - Bauer can compete with Adidas - Reebok, when it comes to a new jersey contract. before all this the field likely would have included CCM, Bauer, Nike all making separate proposals in addition to Reebok. with the consolidation it essentially comes down to the two giants Adidas and Nike for the jersey rights

Last edited:

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I so hope the NHL goes with a different company when its jersey deal expires. **** Reebok.

Problem is there is almost nobody else to go with. CCM is owned by Reebok. And I think the only other NA company big enough would be Nike. But we still have 3 more years to wait since the contract goes until 2016.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
they are struggling with bringing the manufacture back to Canada. the Indonesia experiment was a huge failure. overall reebok has completely **** up the NHL's jersey sales pipeline imo. the edge concept at best is a 50-50 reception from fans. the quality of especially the replicas has been crap from the start and got worse with the indo-edges. now they have to bring the manufacturing to NA, which has completely slowed down sales.

i can't imagine the league office will let this continue for long. every team and every jersey has been available up until the past 1-2 years when all of this went south. this is why myself and others have been saying the Legends jersey will be available next year.

I hope your right, but you have to figure Ice Jerseys is one of the biggest internet retailers out there, for those in the know. And if they can't get them it doesn't look good. Because we know they want them.
They have had a full year to get production moved. Which is more than enough time. They have just chosen to be slow about it. I can't remember where I read it but I saw someplace right after the lockout ended that just them Reebok had ramped up production in Canada. They had basically stopped or really slowed production during the off season and lockout. Which if the case was really dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad