Confirmed with Link: Vincour to KHL

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He probably wanted a one-way deal from Avs and didn't get it.

Even a modest $500k salary in KHL is worth more than a $800k two-way deal for someone like him, since he's likely to earn $80k in the AHL.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Tomas Vincour, we hardly knew ye. I wish we had kept him, but as Freudian said, the KHL dollars were probably too enticing. A team like Ak Bars can pay quite a bit of money.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And we don't know if the Avs did or didn't (or won't?) qualify him.

Is there a possibility for an out clause for the NHL? And I also think the length will be important as well, if it's for a year or 2, I think the Avs keep his rights and track his progress

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
From the Avs to the snow leopards. To think we gave up on Cam for virtually nothing :shakehead.
Doubt he becomes anything. I currently see at least 9 defenseman ahead of him on the depth chart in Dallas. Hell, Dallas has 15 defensemen under contract. He might not even get a qualifying offer.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Doubt he becomes anything. I currently see at least 9 defenseman ahead of him on the depth chart in Dallas. Hell, Dallas has 15 defensemen under contract. He might not even get a qualifying offer.

I really don't know what to think about him, he looked great every time I saw him in 11/12, but this year under Chyneworth at times he looked like he forgot how to play hockey, it makes me wonder what was the reason for him downward spiral, how Stef was handled by the LE staff was also puzzling at times.

Since I like him I hope he bounces back and becomes a solid NHL defenseman.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
From the Avs to the snow leopards. To think we gave up on Cam for virtually nothing :shakehead.

This really isn't new by any Avs standards, for the last few years we have always traded players who don't fit our organization anymore for pending RFAs that we let go in the summer.

I wonder if this means we are going to keep Palushaj instead.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I really don't know what to think about him, he looked great every time I saw him in 11/12, but this year under Chyneworth at times he looked like he forgot how to play hockey, it makes me wonder what was the reason for him downward spiral, how Stef was handled by the LE staff was also puzzling at times.

Since I like him I hope he bounces back and becomes a solid NHL defenseman.

The Avs organization has not been able to develop a quality defensive defenseman in a long time.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Damn. Traded The Great Cameron Gaunce for nothing. Might go down as one of the worst trades in NHL history.

member 116861

It's ****ing Cam Gaunce! You guys are acting like we traded away Tyson Barrie for Vincour.

:facepalm:

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Cam was the best defensive prospect we've ever had in this organization. Terrible, terrible trade, and worse news nows that Vinny is all gone.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Cam was the best defensive prospect we've ever had in this organization. Terrible, terrible trade, and worse news nows that Vinny is all gone.

Nah.. that was Nigel Williams. I bet the meltdown around here was epic when that trade happened. :laugh:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Better than Duncan? Not so sure about that.

I did like Cam though and can't understand what happened last season. Seemed like he became a different player but to be honest, it's gotta be hard for a defensive dman in the AVs organization to keep a good attitude. It just seems that the AVs go out and sign or trade for bottom guys or defensive guys to round out the bottom 7 dmen instead of bringing up kids from the AHL. Boughner, Klee, O'Brien, Tarnqvist and Zannon come to mind easily. Might be others as well. It just seems we only groom small, puck moving, offensive guys. That's why I'm so excited to see how Duncan turns out.

[edit...just reread your post and damnit!!! For some damn reason, I turned off my sarcasm detector this afternoon. Geesh....sorry about that.]

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Clearly this is a move to clear up forward spot for Mackinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad