Vincent Trocheck

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I think he tops out at the 75 point range. He is a high end 2C, low end 1C IMO. He does have all the tools, as well as will and intensity, to average 60+ points a season, which is fine from your 2nd line center. The thing with him is, he has Barkov ahead of him, so he doesnt get the toughest matchups most nights, which is a plus. Also, he tends to force the play more often than not, and wingers seem to fall off when they are centered by Trocheck. It seems his defense took a back seat to his offense this year as well, as he seemed to be worse defensively than last year. And he has all the abilities to be a shut down centerman.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I agree with your friend, a good 2c but I'd be surprised to see him keep this pace up

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The conversation started because he told me he had to pick between Bergeron and Trocheck to keep in his fantasy league. He chose Bergeron, I thought he made a mistake.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
He's a younger RoR. I would love to have him on the Isles. Trotchek is a player every team can use, but I do think he won't be a consistent 75+ point player. This year is a fluke for a lot of players. A few rule changes and numbers go crazy...even for the goalies. Ok..it's not the player that was a fluke, it was the season. I am hoping next season will settle down a bit, but if the high scoring and the garbage goaltending persist...we are looking at a new era of hockey and for that..I would say that Trotchek can duplicate this season again..

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Define '1st line center'. If you're happy just being a bubble team, then sure Trocheck can be your top line center. But the goal is to win the cup, in which case Trocheck ideally slides into your 2nd line, where'd he be very good. The Panthers are actually very well set with Barkov and Trocheck as a 1-2 punch. If the team had more depth, and more dependable goaltending they could be a contender.

Trocheck has been underrated for a couple of years. But I still see him as a very good 2nd line center. If he can replicate this season I could value him higher. But at the moment he's basically a less proven Andy McDonald.

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He's a younger RoR. I would love to have him on the Isles. Trotchek is a player every team can use, but I do think he won't be a consistent 75+ point player. This year is a fluke for a lot of players. A few rule changes and numbers go crazy...even for the goalies. Ok..it's not the player that was a fluke, it was the season. I am hoping next season will settle down a bit, but if the high scoring and the garbage goaltending persist...we are looking at a new era of hockey and for that..I would say that Trotchek can duplicate this season again..

Not really. RoR is far better defensively and on the draw. Not really comparable centres at all imo.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I like Trocheck a lot, he's a high-end 2C and low-end 1C who can play both special teams.

Not sure if I'd put money on him putting up another 75+ season soon, but he's very underrated.

Sidenote: I sat next to his uncle the last time the Panthers were in Pittsburgh and the dude wouldn't shut up!!! haha

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Depends on what Tallon does. I could see a JVR or Patches playing for us next year. Tallon will be looking for either a top six winger, or a top four Dman, maybe both.

The latter is far more important.

I hope we don't get JVR considering what he will be asking for.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
If he was drafted in the top 10 no one would call him a second line center. The fact that he was drafted after the first gets people to act this way.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
If he was drafted in the top 10 no one would call him a second line center. The fact that he was drafted after the first gets people to act this way.

Yeah, just like people call Getzlaf, Bergeron, Kopitar and Giroux (when he plays center) 2nd line centers...

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Yeah, just like people call Getzlaf, Bergeron, Kopitar and Giroux (when he plays center) 2nd line centers...

People did call Bergeron a 2nd line C for years! The others are all first rounders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad