Value of: Vincent Trocheck to Winnipeg

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Absolutely. I was referring to the idea that the Jets would even entertain the idea of trading Ehlers or Laine for Trochek.

Ah, cool.

To be clear, I don’t think Trocheck comes close either of those 2. My thinking was that he potentially would be a part of the return, not a main piece.

I don’t see the Canes moving on from Trocheck so quickly anyway. It’s not like they’re particularly deep at center and the ufa Centers this year, well, suck.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He would be very low on the list of potential 2 C candidates. He's not very good defensively, and a lot of his offense comes on the PP, where the Jets are already set. That's not the profile of a 2C that the Jets need. They need a strong play driver that is good defensively to complement wingers like Laine, Ehlers and Connor.

His 5v5 points/60 over the past 3 seasons is just a bit above Andrew Copp, and well below Wheeler (who played 2 C most of last season for the Jets).

upload_2020-9-10_18-9-50.png

Reactions: snowkiddin

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
We can probably close this because Canes aren’t trading Trochek for anything less than an upgrade which they won’t get so I think they’re happy to let him play an actual season with the team and some stable linemates to see how things go.

Having watched all the Canes games this play in and playoffs, he performed really well in difficult situations but unfortunately didn’t it didn’t show up on the scoresheet much.

Some of that was puck luck and hitting pots and some of that was linemates missing opportunities but he drove the play really well and created chances while being good in the face off circle and was strong in luck battles and defensively. A lot of drive and hustle out there which was nice.

Happy to see if that can translate into some good results next year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pay a bit of attention to actual results.

When Roslovic is able to play C consistently and actually score more than 30pts in a season maybe you’d have an argument.
Trocheck has been getting poor results for two years, despite lots of opportunities. I don't want a C that plays a lot with bad production and poor possession.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Trocheck has been getting poor results for two years, despite lots of opportunities. I don't want a C that plays a lot with bad production and poor possession.

With all of his “poor” results, Trocheck has still played at a 50pt pace over the past 2 years. I’ll take that over Roslovic all day.

If you want to make an argument, he doesn’t fit on your team, then fine, but he obviously still produces at the level of a 2C, these past playoffs notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Warning. That guy was a complete ghost in the playoffs. Not just the numbers, but in 5 games you pretty much didn't hear his name.
In fairness, virtually everyone was a ghost against Boston.

Trochek has been a 50p/82gm center the past 2 seasons while recovering from injury. I’d like to see him with a full season in Carolina before making any judgments. Even if he ends up being just a 50 point C, who is responsible in all zones, I’m ok holding onto him until there’s a better option.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
2 points in 7 games after looking meh in Florida, I don't think any team is giving up value of a 2c. He cap is under 5, so if he can stay around 50 points, it's a good player to have. I just can't see the value being as high as Canes might want if they were to move him.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
2 points in 7 games after looking meh in Florida, I don't think any team is giving up value of a 2c. He cap is under 5, so if he can stay around 50 points, it's a good player to have. I just can't see the value being as high as Canes might want if they were to move him.

This is the key. Carolina didn't give up much to get him (effectively 3 B-prospects and Wallmark, although Roy is playing well in Vegas). The contract isn't unreasonable for a 2C and he is signed for another 2 years.

There's not a need to move Trocheck unless it's for an upgrade at forward. And since that's not happening, Carolina will most likely keep Trocheck, put Svech and Necas on his wings, and see what matchups they can get with that second line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad