Value of: Vincent Trocheck to Winnipeg

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
what would be the cost. He be good for a #2 center in Winnipeg. Players off the list include Laine, Conner, Ehlers, Shiefiele, Morrissey and the 10th OA selection.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I don't think he's the type of center they should be targeting as he's more of a trigger man. They need a defensively responsible playmaker.

Reactions: Morrison

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No interest from Winnipeg. Trocheck doesn’t really improve their 2C position.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
what would be the cost. He be good for a #2 center in Winnipeg. Players off the list include Laine, Conner, Ehlers, Shiefiele, Morrissey and the 10th OA selection.

You just took off the table the only pieces we’d be interested in adding for Carolina.

But yeah... we’ll do Helly for him I guess.

Reactions: Tryamw and MinJaBen

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
You just took off the table the only pieces we’d be interested in adding for Carolina.

Thats because Trocheck isnt worth any of the assets i listed including Helleybuyck

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trocheck not trending in the right direction at the age of 27 and in the middle of his prime. If people are going to devalue Domi... Trocheck is worse!

Jets need a Danault type but too bad the Habs need Danault too cause the other two centers are 20 and 21. And not so sure the Jets are willing to make a hockey trade.

Why not trade for Stepan to buy time for one year? I would imagine the price to acquire is cheap? Bozak another option. If you shoot higher than that... what pieces do you have on the table to get it?

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Thats because Trocheck isnt worth any of the assets i listed including Helleybuyck

Hey, that’s fine if you want to value things that way but like what are we supposed to trade this dude to you for? We’ve been searching for a no. 2 C for like a decade, we finally get one and now you want us to trade him to the Jets for some lesser pieces?

Yaaa... no thanks man

Reactions: WreckingCrew

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Above average 3C and below average 2C IMO. Middle 2C is where I see him at the age of 27. He's a long ways away from what he produced at 24. Not going in the right direction

Well he hasn’t really been given much of a chance to prove that he can get back to the strong 2C form in Carol a considering we only had him on the team for a handful of games and then the lockdown happened.

You might be right that he can’t handle the role but he’ll at least get a fair shot to see about that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well he hasn’t really been given much of a chance to prove that he can get back to the strong 2C form in Carol a considering we only had him on the team for a handful of games and then the lockdown happened.

You might be right that he can’t handle the role but he’ll at least get a fair shot to see about that.

He's not a bad middle 2C option (fit for the Canes) but I think the Jets are looking for a better 2C solution.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He's not a bad middle 2C option (fit for the Canes) but I think the Jets are looking for a better 2C solution.

They're not going to get one with everything worthwhile off the table, though.

For stuff like Lowry/Copp/Roslovic, 2nds, Niku/Vesalainen/Stanley... they're not pulling the HF wet dream of a young C with term thats better than what they already have.

I assume he forgot to protect Heinola.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL

For stuff like Lowry/Copp/Roslovic, 2nds, Niku/Vesalainen/Stanley... they're not pulling the HF wet dream of a young C with term thats better than what they already have.

No one said those players are off limits for a good young 2C with upside. I don't blame the OP for listing them with how many delusional posts we've seen along the lines of Trochek/Domi/Danault for Laine/Ehlers.

I think the Jets will take the best deal they can. In all likelihood that's a stopgap solution that doesn't require trading a core player

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No one said those players are off limits for a good young 2C with upside. I don't blame the OP for listing them with how many delusional posts we've seen along the lines of Trochek/Domi/Danault for Laine/Ehlers.

I think the Jets will take the best deal they can. In all likelihood that's a stopgap solution that doesn't require trading a core player

that's more or less what Trocheck is, in my opinion. Question is if Florida wants to rebuild.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Warning. That guy was a complete ghost in the playoffs. Not just the numbers, but in 5 games you pretty much didn't hear his name.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Warning. That guy was a complete ghost in the playoffs. Not just the numbers, but in 5 games you pretty much didn't hear his name.

In the sense that he didn’t produce results in goals and assists in the playoffs, you’re certainly right. However, at least against the Rangers, he had really, really bad luck. His line created chances, there was just no finish. This was basically the same for the few regular season games he got into. Chances were there, just no results.

And in terms of the Boston series, pretty much none of the Canes’ scorers showed up. Credit to Boston as well, but when Hadyn Fleury is your best player in a series, you certainly had some passengers...

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

I actually really like Roslovic, but can’t say I’m too familiar with the rest of the “available” guys there. I’d think a trade between WPG-CAR would have to feature one of their wingers in Ehlers/Laine and some hefty assets from the Canes, of which one might be Trocheck.

Moving Trocheck for lesser pieces at this point doesn’t really make any sense.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
that's more or less what Trocheck is, in my opinion. Question is if Florida wants to rebuild.
Assuming you're referring to the second half of my post (that Trochek is nothing but a stopgap), then yeah absolutely, he's not worth trading a core player for, so I don't get why you were complaining in your previous post that the Jets won't give up Ehlers or Laine for him.

Unless they can steal away someone like Cirelli, they'll get the cheapest stopgap they can find. It makes very little difference which subpar 2C they add for the next couple years - whether one is slightly better is irrelevant if the cost is substantially more. The trick is filling that hole while giving up as few futures as possible because a subpar 2C doesn't make them contenders again with their current defense.

The Jets have tons of cap space next year, so if they're not working on an internal cap maybe they can get one in exchange for taking a cap dump.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I actually really like Roslovic, but can’t say I’m too familiar with the rest of the “available” guys there. I’d think a trade between WPG-CAR would have to feature one of their wingers in Ehlers/Laine and some hefty assets from the Canes, of which one might be Trocheck.

Moving Trocheck for lesser pieces at this point doesn’t really make any sense.
Moving a young core player for an older subpar 2C makes even less sense. If Trochek was on another team, would you want the Canes to trade Svechnikov for him?

Reactions: Pongs21

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Assuming you're referring to the second half of my post (that Trochek is nothing but a stopgap), then yeah absolutely, he's not worth trading a core player for, so I don't get why you were complaining in your previous post that the Jets won't give up Ehlers or Laine for him.

Unless they can steal away someone like Cirelli, they'll get the cheapest stopgap they can find. It makes very little difference which subpar 2C they add for the next couple years - whether one is slightly better is irrelevant if the cost is substantially more. The trick is filling that hole while giving up as few futures as possible because a subpar 2C doesn't make them contenders again with their current defense.

The Jets have tons of cap space next year, so if they're not working on an internal cap maybe they can get one in exchange for taking a cap dump.

The complaint wasn't directed at OP, it was at the person who was saying the Jets want something better.

It's fine to want something better, but for the pieces OP was willing to move, that's a pipe dream. That's all I was saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad