Confirmed with Link: Vincent Dunn Signed to Entry-Level Contract

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Kramer is a lot like Barnaby imo. He isn't a great fighter, but he's about as tough as they come. If you got points for getting punched in the face, Kramer would = Crosby haha.

I don't think he has the skills to make it in the new NHL. He won't hurt you out there, but unlike Neil, he doesn't do anything else well enough. Neil had a fair amount of skill in his prime, and is / was one of, if not the best hitter in the league.

Yes, Neil was a great hitter. I still shudder at some of his hits. So, it seems that Kramer has only a slim chance of making it to the NHL as a policeman enforcer at this time.

I don't see any heavy weight policeman enforcer on the roster at this time. Neil is nearing the end of his career and I hope he does not get seriously hurt as his career winds down. I have been a fan of him and still am a fan. But retirement time is approaching for him.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
any update on Dunn?

He's a depth player at the AHL level, and doesn't even have close to the amount of skill you want out of even an energy 4th liner at the NHL level.

If he gets a contract extension from us, or any other NHL team, I will be legitimately shocked. I assume he will be on AHL contracts for the rest of his career, unless something drastically changes soon.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
He's a depth player at the AHL level, and doesn't even have close to the amount of skill you want out of even an energy 4th liner at the NHL level.

If he gets a contract extension from us, or any other NHL team, I will be legitimately shocked. I assume he will be on AHL contracts for the rest of his career, unless something drastically changes soon.

He's a guy i'm sure they hoped would develop into a Ruutu - pest type role.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He's a guy i'm sure they hoped would develop into a Ruutu - pest type role.

No doubt, but Ruutu was a good enough hockey player in his own right that he was able to keep up at the NHL level and still be an effective 4th line guy even outside of his agitating. I'm sure that's what they had hoped for Dunn, too bad it didn't work out. Just not a good enough hockey player.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Just left with Harpur and possibly Hogberg for the 2013 draft. Not like we made any huge misses except Lazar over Burakovski but that doesn't seem like it was a blunder at the time (he was projected to go around 25th OA).

Shame the Ottawa connection didn't strike this time as his father played for Ottawa once upon a time for a quick stint.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Seemed like a good pick at the time. Youngest player taken in 2013 draft, PPG in his draft year in the Q, plays with edge , local connection. Too bad his game didn't develop into much.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
No doubt, but Ruutu was a good enough hockey player in his own right that he was able to keep up at the NHL level and still be an effective 4th line guy even outside of his agitating. I'm sure that's what they had hoped for Dunn, too bad it didn't work out. Just not a good enough hockey player.

yep, I'm not a fan of writing off or slagging young players but he's not even a 4th line AHLer sad to say

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad