Confirmed with Link: Vince Hinostroza signs 3 year ELC

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Question. .where is Hinostrozza now?Practicing in Rockford or with the Hawks? Have not read anything yet on this...does anyone know?

According to Scott Powers, he's going to be in Rockford "soon".

As an aside, Powers also reports that the negotiations with Paliotta haven't been as smooth as the Hawks hoped.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
That's very disheartening to read about Paliotta.
2+ weeks of the season in Rockford plus the postseason and he doesn't want to jump on board.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
That's very disheartening to read about Paliotta.
2+ weeks of the season in Rockford plus the postseason and he doesn't want to jump on board.

Shows the kid's got some smarts. Quite a long way from when they were chattel.

From a young age now, these kids are made aware of ALL their options.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Starting to worry we are going to be Hayesd
again...

Sure a logjam of d men prospects ts who shoot right...but did not Paliotta play LD correct team USA in the WJHC in his draft year? SO he does not need to play RD and compete with Johns TVR and Pokka ...yes they could sign Mattson who is a LD too...but still I would think there is plenty of opportunity to make the show next year playing LD ....even more so if they do not re-sign Oduya.

In any case if we lose another collegiate senior to free agency ...it will be a colossal fail of our draft strategy..and going the NCAA route should be views as too risky as we keep losing picks that way...remember no compensation even if we lose Paliotta..
The removal of Dahlbeck also maked openings less jammed for KD spots and I always thought of Paliotta as a LD candidate even if he shoots right. HAMMER plays well at both RD and LD so if he can do it and if Paliotta did it well in Jr's for Team USA then I cannot see why a logjam at RD in our system is a problem for him. He is big and can play nasty ...we need that.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
According to Scott Powers, he's going to be in Rockford "soon".

As an aside, Powers also reports that the negotiations with Paliotta haven't been as smooth as the Hawks hoped.

Where did you read that?

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/03/25/ch...tta-may-sign-with-another-nhl-team?xid=si_nhl

I'm guessing here.

Stan its so great that you drafted all the US college guys so you could buy some time and let them develop
while not being signed and then if they are bad (poor drafting) you don't sign them, and if they turn out like you hope they walk to another team. Are the ranger's really that much weaker then the Hawks that they could offer that much more playing time. I'm guessing they don't have the Car bomb's and Roz on the roster taking up spots that young guys could do just as well.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes I get that feeling Paliotta will go free agent come August...Would have signed by now...Clearly he will be highly sought after and get to play right away..Lots of NCAA free agent den have made tye show right away..These are not 18 yr old kids .Krug...Dekeyser...and Schultz are some examples.. This time we do not even get a comp pick back.. But as I posted before the logjam prospects issue at RD is a crock because I remember him playing LD for Team USA as a Junior.

I cannot remember if it was U-18s or World Jr's but still I distinctly remember he played LD..and just as Hjalmarsson can play both sides I see no reason he can only make it on our team if he plays RD... But our genius top brass are too stupid to explain there should be an opening on LD 3rd pair because Timonen is a rental only and Hammer could move back to LD if Oduya not re-sign ed but that still leaves 3rd LD up for grabs and Paliotta has an excellent chance of filling that role at least..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad