Confirmed with Link: Ville Siren, Josef Boumedienne Hired as Scouts

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 7m

You've seen the name Ville Siren mentioned in our coverage the last two weeks or so. Today Siren was named head amateur scout for #CBJ.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 7m

Also, Josef Boumedienne was named European scout.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So now when we reach for someone in the draft we really wanted can we say he was drawn in by the Siren's song?

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all night. Try the soup.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
So now when we reach for someone in the draft we really wanted can we say he was drawn in by the Siren's song?

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all night. Try the soup.

34103487.jpg

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Siren was expected.

Boumedienne a surprise. Just retired his playing career. He is a Swede but has also Finnish passport (Has Finnish mom) and speaks good Finnish. Liked physical and played physical in his playing career so I expect he has eye for players who play tougher game.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Is Wikipedia right?

Siren was expected.

Boumedienne a surprise. Just retired his playing career. He is a Swede but has also Finnish passport (Has Finnish mom) and speaks good Finnish. Liked physical and played physical in his playing career so I expect he has eye for players who play tougher game.

During the 04/05 lockout he was kicked off Zurich for not playing defense, and three years later kicked off Minsk?

Hopefully he was keeping an eye out for talent while he was bouncing from league to league

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
During the 04/05 lockout he was kicked off Zurich for not playing defense, and three years later kicked off Minsk?

Hopefully he was keeping an eye out for talent while he was bouncing from league to league
He has traveled a lot and have seen many leagues so scouting shouldn't be a problem for him :D

Edit. And that getting "kicked off" thing is nothing odd in european leagues. Some leagues have limits of how many foreigners they can play so if the foreigner doesn't play as good as the club expected...getting booted is possible, especially in leagues where is rich clubs.

Last edited:

mikko1995

May 30, 2010

I think he was kicked off of Zurich because they signed Andy Roach out of the AHL.

And you know how players can be treated in the KHL.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg

And whenever Boumedienne been a guest in hockey studios he's always given the impression of being one of the most knowledgeable and intelligent players in Sweden. I think he'll make a very good scout.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know too much about Boumedienne, but he was more of an offensive minded defenseman when he played for Djurgården.

I like having a guy who played in a lot of different leagues as a scout. How good someone was or wasn't on the ice doesn't really impact their ability to scout. Understanding how the game should be played and actually getting your body to do it are two different things.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I never like the player Boumedienne. But he always was good as an expert on TV and stuff like that. He was called out some coaches who hasn't been professional enough. He demands high standards from himself and the people he works with.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I think he was kicked off of Zurich because they signed Andy Roach out of the AHL.

And you know how players can be treated in the KHL.

When a team regards Andy Roach as a better player, it's a pretty good indication that your career isn't going quite as well as hoped for.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Can't picture Hitchcock playing to well either

How good someone was or wasn't on the ice doesn't really impact their ability to scout. Understanding how the game should be played and actually getting your body to do it are two different things.

if that is your point, but I kinda like a guy that gets thrown out of leagues in two different countries:D One of my favorite players was JR, and though he makes some rather intelligent points on TV as an analyst, I can't see him as much of a scout. They are playing when? 2:00am my time.. are ya's frickin kidding me?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I never like the player Boumedienne. But he always was good as an expert on TV and stuff like that. He was called out some coaches who hasn't been professional enough. He demands high standards from himself and the people he works with.

That's sorta like Mike Milbury for me. I never liked him as a coach, but on TV.... well, I still don't like him. Never mind. :sarcasm:

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
According to this article by Bucci
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9045910/blake-geoffrion-story

Blake Geoffrion, at age 25, has retired. He is taking a job as a pro scout with the Columbus Blue Jackets and will be based in Chicago.

The entire article is an amazing read about his whole story, and of course the injury which forced his retirement. Interested in that I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone else in the organization.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I think it might be a little bit more than that,

Bringing in someone with absolutely zero experience in that role is "awesome"? Viqs, is 2+2 now 5?;)

this kid needs to be around the game, and in this case I think the job and organization will be very good for him. I remember watching his grandpa play, those were great Habs teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad