Viktor's 2019 NHL Draft Rankings 2.0

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
So in this rankings I added a number system showing how much a prospect rose, or fell compared to my last rankings, and some prospects fell big-time, but just know this draft is very tough (for me at least) to judge once you're done with ranking Hughes and Kakko. Once, I get to #3 it's very tough when it comes to ranking these guys. Really challenging, and seeing guys drop so much like Newhook, Lavoie, Broberg, York, etc. I still see them as very talented prospects, so even when you see a big drop, just know I still think their a very good prospect. The 1st Round this year is very good in my opinion. Also, if you wanna check out any of the mock drafts I made visit my website :thumbu: ->IMTHELINK<-

1. Jack Hughes C/LW U.S National U18 Team (USDP) +0

cut.jpg

Still #1, even though in a recent Mock Draft I had Kakko at #1, I decided to move Hughes back to #1. The dude just leaks super star talent with his play-making, speed, and puck skills. Honestly, I could see him becoming a future Patrick Kane, both have similar skill sets.

2. Kaapo Kakko RW TPS (Liiga) +0

KaapoKakko-1040x572.jpg

The consolation prize who could end up being one of the better two-way wingers in the NHL. He has an amazing 200 ft. game, a very good shot, and very good passing ability. Just an all-around talented player.

3. Dylan Cozens C/RW Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL) +2

cut.jpg

One of the more entertaining players to watch in my opinion. He has one of the best shots out of all the prospects in this draft, good passing, and a pretty good defensive side to his game. Whether he's playing wing, or center in the NHL I see him becoming a very good Top 6 guy.

4. Bowen Byram LD Vancouver Giants (WHL) +0

14223960_web1_BowenByram-CR-.jpg

Easily the best defense-man in the draft by a good margin in my opinion. I love his two-way game, and honestly could see him make the jump to the NHL in his first season if he gets selected by the right team.

5. Vasili Podkolzin RW SKA-1946 St. Petersburg (MHL) +4

7f88873688df321f9a02bea160032a07.jpg

Podkolzin brings a lot when he's on the ice. Whether it's in the opponent or his own zone he shines on the ice. Great two-way winger who could end up being a very good top line winger in the future.

6. Kirby Dach C Saskatoon Blades (WHL) +0

11SCH_7652-730x506.jpg

Kirby Dach has been very impressive this season, he continues to show off his ability to be a very good goal scorer, and big physical center who plays really good chippy hockey. Which honestly, we could use more guys like him.

7. Alex Turcotte C U.S National U18 Team (USDP) +1

Turcotte_7-690x464.jpg

Definitely the definition of a great two-way center, I believe I compared him to a Anze Kopitar, or a Patrice Bergeron (Of coure those comparisons being the ceiling for him). A good guy to have on 5 on 5, power-play, or the penalty-kill.

8. Trevor Zegras C/LW U.S Natioanl U18 Team (USDP) -1

Zegras-690x443.jpg

A guy who I see is getting vastly underrated by different scouts all around, Zegras is having an amazing season, displaying great offensive abilities whenever he's in his opponent's zone. Dangerous player whenever he steps on the ice.

9. Peyton Krebs C/LW Kootenay Ice (WHL) +8

Peyton-Krebs-1024x683.jpg

Man took me awhile to rank Krebs higher, he's been having an amazing season with the Kootenay Ice which is surprising with how bad that team is. Krebs stands out big time, and I think if he were on a better team, he could be putting up much better numbers than he is currently.

10. Matthew Boldy LW/C U.S National U18 Team (USDP) +5

Screen-Shot-2018-09-20-at-9.06.42-AM.png

I said in my previous rankings that if Boldy continues having a great season I could see him in my Top 10, and here he is. Boldy continues to impress me, and looks like one of the better wingers of the draft.

11. Victor Söderström RD Brynas IF (SHL) +5

victorsoderstrom.jpg

Söderström just leaks great potential to become one of the better defense-man to come out of this draft. Just watching him play is fun, he might take awhile to develop, but I think with time, he could end up being a very good Top 4 defender.

12. Arthur Kaliyev LW Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL) -9

Kaliyev-1024x684.jpg

Even though Kaliyev dropped big-time from my previous rankings, I'm still a huge fan of his. Putting up amazing numbers in the OHL, and his shot I still think is the best in the draft, however he really needs to work on his skating, and defensive side to the game in order for him to really fulfill his potential.

13. Moritz Seider RD Alder Mannheim (DEL) +15

1938549391-seider-X0TO0ibT2a7.jpg

Oh man, I'm a big Seider fan, big German defense-man who could become one of the better defensive guys in the NHL. It's going to be really fun to watch this guy develop, I really hope he pans out to be a really good defender.

14. Matthew Robertson LD Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL) +17

20171019_insider1-1024x576.jpg

Robertson, another very talented two-way defender. Also, pretty sure he's Edmonton's best prospect coming out into the NHL since like uhh, I don't even remember. That said, I see him becoming a very talented Top 4 defense-man.

15. Phillip Tomasino C Niagara IceDogs (OHL) New

tomasino-philip.jpg

Another guy who I'm a huge fan of, and for some reason previous me was a absolute moron and didn't even have this guy in my rankings. Now he's in the rankings, and I have him in my Top 15. Great two-way center-man, who I'm very excited for to watch him develop.

16. Thomas Harley LD Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)+30

17. Connor McMichael C London Knights (OHL) +9

18. Jakob Pelletier LW Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL) +0

19. Phillip Broberg LD AIK (Allsvenskan) -7

20. Ryan Suzuki C Barrie Colts (OHL) -7

21. Cam York LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP) -8

22. Raphaël Lavoie LW/C Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) -8

23. Pavel Dorofeyev RW/LW Stalnye Lisy Magnitogorsk (MHL) +1

24. Lassi Thomson RD Kelowna Rockets (WHL) -4

25. Mikko Kokkonen LD Jukurit (Liiga) -3

26. Alex Newhook LW/C Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL) -16

27. Villi Heinola LD Lukko (Liiga) New

28. Cole Caufield RW U.S National U18 Team (USDP) -1

29. Bobby Brink RW Sioux City Musketeers (USHL) +11

30. Albin Grewe LW/C Djurgårdens IF (SHL) -9

31. Brett Leason C Prince Albert Raiders (WHL) New

32. Tobias Björnfot LD Djurgårdens IF J20 (SuperElit) -9

33. Nolan Foote LW Kelowna Rockets (WHL) -8

34. Nathan Légaré RW Baie-Comeau Drakkar (QMJHL) +0

35. Nicolas Robertson LW/C Peterborough Petes (OHL) New

36. Anttoni Honka RD JYP (Liiga) -17

37. Yegor Spiridonov LW Stalnye Lisy Magnitogorsk (MHL) +5

38. Ilya Nikolayev C Loko Yaroslavl (MHL) New

39. Nils Högslander LW Rogle BK (SHL) -4

40. Alex Vlasic LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP) +3

41. Daniil Gutik LW Loko Yaroslavl (MHL) -11

42. John Beecher C U.S National U18 Team (USDP) +5

43. Yegor Afanasyev LW Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL) -4

44. Patrik Puisola LW Tappara U20 (Jr. A SM-liiga) +14

45. Samuel Poulin LW Sherbrooke Phoenix (QMJHL) +3

46. Artemi Knyazev LD Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL) -8

47. Vladislav Kolyachonok LD London Knights (OHL) New

48. Dmitri Sheshin RW/LW Stalnye Lisy Magnitogorsk (MHL) +5

49. Maxim Cajkovic RW Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL) -13

50. Simon Holmström RW HV71 J20 (SuperElit) -21

51. Samuel Fagemo LW/RW Frölunda HC (SHL) New

52. Marcus Kallionkiela LW Sioux City Musketeers (USHL) New

53. Blake Murray C Sudbury Wolves (OHL) -21

54. Shane Pinto C Lincoln Stars (USHL) New

55. Ryan Johnson LD Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) New

56. Maxim Gushkov C London Knights (OHL) -1

57. Henry Thrun LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP) New

58. Brayden Tracey LW Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL) New

59. Kaeden Korczak RD Kelowna Rockets (WHL) New

60. Oleg Zaitsev C Red Deer Rebels (WHL) -9

61. Josh Williams RW Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) New

Top 10 Goaltenders Rankings

1. Spencer Knight G U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

2. Mads Søgaard G Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)

3. Ilya Konovalov G Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (KHL)

4. Hunter Jones G Peterborough Petes (OHL)

5. Dustin Wolf G Everett Silvertips (WHL)

6. Colten Ellis G Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL)

7. Nolan Maier G Saskatoon Blades (WHL)

8. Hugo Alnefelt G HV71 J20 (SuperElit)

9. Cameron Rowe G U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

10. Pyotr Kochetkov G HK Sochi (KHL)

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Out of curiosity, what did you see in Kakko's game last month that dropped him back and also what you saw in Hughes to pass him? Personally I really liked how Kakko carried his team in the playoffs. And just a note with you +- system shouldn't Hughes be +1 and Kakko -1 or did I miss one of your drafts?

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Out of curiosity, what did you see in Kakko's game last month that dropped him back and also what you saw in Hughes to pass him? Personally I really liked how Kakko carried his team in the playoffs. And just a note with you +- system shouldn't Hughes be +1 and Kakko -1 or did I miss one of your drafts?
It’s based upon my last rankings not the previous mock draft. To me it’s really split between Hughes, and Kakko I get going back and forth on who I think is #1. At the time, I just went back to Hughes at #1. His offensive talent is super good, and offensively I think he’s better than Kakko, but Kakko could end up being one of the better two-way forwards in the league. It’s a real toss up, both look like amazing forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad