Waived: Viktor Tikhonov (claimed by the Yotes)

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
He can be a solid, NHL fourth liner. Maybe a little more depending on where he is.

Won't be surprised if he's claimed.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Glad we waived Panarin's best friend and translator in the middle of a fantastic rookie season. I'm not a fan of this for that reason alone.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Definitely should have waived Rundblad instead

Then you would be doing it wrong. Both Tikhonov and Rundblad are not going to play but you are better served letting Rundblad sit in the press box and letting Pokka, Gus, and Svedberg get big minutes in Rockford. Putting Tikhonov down allow you to bring up Bickell or who ever to try and help get our offense going.

Does Tikhonov deserve to be up more than Rundblad? Yes from everything we see and hear he does but that does not serve the team best.

I would have sent Mashinter down as well.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Rockford definitely has some D-man that dont need to be playing, though.
Any minutes would be better than none for Rundblad because we have seen him get better when he has playing time.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Rockford definitely has some D-man that dont need to be playing, though.
Any minutes would be better than none for Rundblad because we have seen him get better when he has playing time.

But my point still stands. This move best serves the team. I agree that Rundblad got better with minutes but unfortunately he does not have a place on this team with Daley here.

We are best served trading Rundblad for a 6th/7th round pick and calling up a minimum vet. dman to sit in the press box.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its disgraceful that Rundblad remains

Tik didn't work out and Stan is moving on ,, But his boy continues to embarrass himself everytime he is on ice and hasn't played in month but Stan continues to gift him roster spot

Tik was 4th line talent with no finish. He is easily replaceable but I dont view him harshly for fact he was at times forced into role he wouldn't fit (1st line LW) because of our GM"s roster mistakes

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Its disgraceful that Rundblad remains

Tik didn't work out and Stan is moving on ,, But his boy continues to embarrass himself everytime he is on ice and hasn't played in month but Stan continues to gift him roster spot

Read my post and you can see the reason. Just let Rundblad go man.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Read my post and you can see the reason. Just let Rundblad go man.

When Stan finally admits mistake and dumps the bum I will let it go

But as of now he occupies a undeserved roster spot when many in system are more deserving and half the UFA scrapheap or AHL/ECHL D corps are at worst a slight upgrade over him

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Was not a fan of Tikhonov anyways so this doesn't bother me. He was pretty much a poor man's Kopecky in my eyes. Hopefully Panarin doesn't get too affected by this. (He and Anisimov seem pretty tight too though)

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
But my point still stands. This move best serves the team. I agree that Rundblad got better with minutes but unfortunately he does not have a place on this team with Daley here.

We are best served trading Rundblad for a 6th/7th round pick and calling up a minimum vet. dman to sit in the press box.

I agree, but at least point, I don't think anyone wants him.
If he can prove he is serviceable in the minors, we could get a pick for him.
Didnt we trade TJ Brennan last year? Or did we just let him walk, I cant remember

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hopefully somebody claims him and he gets a legit shot somewhere else. He certainly deserved a better, longer look than he was given here.

I think the people who are like 'oh, he didn't score so it's no big loss' are crazy. Its like they get so fixated on the chances guys like Tikhonov and Desi miss, they don't bother to consider just how many more chances those guys are helping to create to begin with as compared to their replacements.

Simply swapping Tikhonov for Kero or Mashinter immediately makes our bottom six better, and more versatile. But Q would rather have some useless face-puncher on the roster who can't play more than 5 minutes a night, and who's most memorable highlight to date is managing to ice the puck when the other team was going through a full change.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Didnt we trade TJ Brennan last year? Or did we just let him walk, I cant remember

Runblad? Who would possibly want him? Hawks only choice will be waive him and hope he gets picked up.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
No surprise and Rundblad & Bicks could be in the same spot soon somehow or another to make some room to bring in a lwer before td.

Like some of you already mentioned, why let these guys sit in the stands and watch? wasted cap space. Besides i don't see any miracles from the new forwards and it's not a knock against them, time is needed as there is no overnight success.

Meanwhile some of our established players (we know who they are) need to get their butts going otherwise bring on some sort of trade Stan.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Glad we waived Panarin's best friend and translator in the middle of a fantastic rookie season. I'm not a fan of this for that reason alone.

Nah.

He already helped a TON in the transition to the team and there is still AA who helps, on and off the ice. Every day P-man gets closer to not needing anyone. I can't wait for his first all english interview. I wonder when.

Anyway, it makes it easier to waive Tik with AA here and Panera getting settled in ok after months of living here in Chicago.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

He was traded for Spencer Abbot.

I don't think anything of pick worth would come from Rundblad, just another deal like that or a Morin-Erixon you're not playing but we can't waive him anymore trash swap.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Should hear any minute about Tikhonov. I don't really see a way he isn't picked up by someone but if he isn't there must be some unwritten rule among GMs that would protect him.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You don't? I do. He isn't very good.

He was in demand this offseason. Hard to believe all the teams pursuing him 2 months ago are suddenly dissuaded after a <15 game sample size. He's free and has upside.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
good for Tik

guess that means we should hear that Bickell is gonna be recalled and someone gets sent down

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Glad for him he got picked up. Didn't really get a fair shake here. No reason he can't be a serviceable 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad