Confirmed with Link: Viktor Loov traded to NJ for Sergey Kalinin

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
it's good for albany

Yep, Kalinin is reporting to the Marlies, I imagine Loov is reporting to Albany.

It's a nothing deal. Kalinin cleared but Leafs were at 49 contracts. We had to take one back.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The Devils, if nothing else, save cash with this deal - Kalinin makes ten times what Loov makes in the AHL. I suspect they don't have any special plans for Loov.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
If i remember correctly Kalinin was a Lou guy, he was signed by Shero but didnt Shero say it was pretty much done before he came in anyway?

Depth for Albany and im sure he will get a few games with the big club if any injuries pop up.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Loov had 21 points in 74 AHL games in his first season in the US.

Followed that up with 15 in 55.

Not amazing #'s but WAY better then what I would expect in return for Kalinin.

6'3" 200lb's. 24 yrs old.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Lou likes his 4th line plugs. And this also apparently helps Toronto as they needed another guy that fits the 40/70 games played rule for the expansion draft.

I also somehow now have that song stuck in my head.:laugh:

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Kalinin heavily regressed from last year.

It's just an unfortunate thing, but then again so did a bunch of players on this team.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Kalinin didn't heavily regress, they just used him at center more which exposed his flaws, and stopped using him on the power play where he got a few goals but had no business playing there.

Kalinin is not eligible for the expansion draft, so that's not why they made the move.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Kalinin didn't heavily regress, they just used him at center more which exposed his flaws, and stopped using him on the power play where he got a few goals but had no business playing there.

Kalinin is not eligible for the expansion draft, so that's not why they made the move.

Apparently you didn't watch any of the games last year

Kalinin started on the 3rd/4th lines last year and created a lot of scoring chances. Could have potted in 30 pts if he finished his chances off, but he hit 15 and was doing well and got upgraded to the second line.

This year, he doesn't create any scoring chances. He's gotten slower and I really think he's playing through some sort of injury, probably his back.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kalinin heavily regressed from last year.
I wouldn't say he heavily regressed, as much as he heavily overachieved last year, due to playing with Zajac and Palmieri and on the PP. and even in all that, he still only scored 15 points in 78 games. Ryan Carter could probably do that with Stephen Gionta and no PP time at all. He was always worthless, and I've said from the beginning. His ceiling was the role he was in just now, like how we used Fiddler at 4C/secondary shutdown guy. He just failed miserably and didn't even meet that. So did Fiddler this year, but he's just old and near the end of the road.

Did Bleed die of overwhelming bliss?

He needs a new scapegoat now
It will be whoever takes over that "Secondary shutdown" role! LOL could it possibly be Blandisi in that role?
Can't be worse than Helgeson.
Anything is better than him, unless your name isn't Mark Fraser. And I'd bet even most people named Mark Fraser are better too, just not THE Mark Fraser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad