Signing(s): Vikings sign RB Latavius Murray (3 years, ~$15m. Can be voided after 1 year)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Happened overnight and the Vikings officially announced it.

This is all we have on the contract so far:

I don't mind it since it doesn't seem like the money is going to be outrageous. Could be another part of a trio like he was in Oakland last year with Richard/Washington, but with McKinnon/Rookie.

This probably officially signals the end of the Peterson-era too.

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I like Murray but when I look at their other backs - I just don't see how he's all that better. But it's probably because their problems all lie on the O-Line.

Anyways hope this works out for Minny. Watching Asiata or McKinnon run straight up the middle 6 inches time and time again was just brutal to watch.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not bad. I don't think Murray is anything special but he does some things that will help and him and McKinnon could be a decent combo if used the right way. I hope they still draft a RB this year though.

For some time now I've been saying Peterson doesn't fit anymore and they should move on but I'm still going to miss him. It's going to be weird seeing him in another jersey but hopefully he catches on somewhere and plays well for that team. I think the Vikings made the right decision here.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Raiders offense is built around Carr. Murray is replacement level. Richard and Washington are better compliments.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Raiders offense is built around Carr. Murray is replacement level. Richard and Washington are better compliments.

He had the capability to take over games, even if he was usually mediocre.
The running game was a mess and unless they bring someone in better than Murray they will probably still be pretenders.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The running game wasn't a mess. Look at the YPC when Richard and Washington were on the field, or just turn on the Colts game to see for yourself. All three of the backs they had were found in the 5th round or later as well, so it's not like they are incapable of replacing his red zone carries. The only problems the Raiders have now are on D. Interior rush and linebackers are poor. I would actually say even worse than bad.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad