OT: VIII. Will The Hockey World Turn Green With Envy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It's just an interesting ongoing development to me. There's been a lot of talk here over how to acquire a #1D, and this is basically how you do it. You draft and develop. It'll take a few years, and there'll be growing pains, as there certainly were in Fowler's case, but the reward can be spectacular for the team that identifies the talent. The Ducks look very well positioned in general to compete going forward and on top of that they have just as good of a goalie of the future picked up in the 2nd round.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Hey at least we have a talented 22 year old goalie who has 55 ahl games to his name.

I know that's meant at sarcasm, but looking at the big picture doesn't make that look as bad. They still ended up with two guys that project to be top pairing D to go along with that goalie.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
1386730626202.jpg

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
guys i come in peace just wanted to say that reilly smith has been a superstar for us. i had no idea he was a adam henrique typle player. i know seguin has been great for you guys so i think this trade is a win win for both of us. 21 point for reilly and 27 points for seguin. we havent seen the complete loui yet due to injury and morrow is exploding in providence. this is a definition of good trade for both teams. what do you guys say?

Get out. JK....

Reilly was a good player for us as well, just couldn't finish a lot of his chances. Glad to hear he's doing well.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
guys i come in peace just wanted to say that reilly smith has been a superstar for us. i had no idea he was a adam henrique typle player. i know seguin has been great for you guys so i think this trade is a win win for both of us. 21 point for reilly and 27 points for seguin. we havent seen the complete loui yet due to injury and morrow is exploding in providence. this is a definition of good trade for both teams. what do you guys say?

Don't count on Joe Morrow or Matt Fraser being key contributors.

We knew Reilly had talent, but would much rather have traded him than Chiasson.

Brand New Stars

Which looks like a mistake right now even though everyone else here loves the Chiasson/God/Jesus stuff.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Which looks like a mistake right now even though everyone else here loves the Chiasson/God/Jesus stuff.

Reilly is on a hot streak while Chiasson is slumping. Both will even out in a year or two as they settle into the league. I don't see one being appreciably better than the other in the future but we kept the one who performs the type of role of two outgoing players (Morrow and Loui). We have been drafting and developing bigger players in recent years. Keeping Chiasson and his physicality over Reilly and his skill is a decision I'm fine with.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Chicago back at it against Flyers, Chicaco scored 5 goals in a single period... I can't wait for the Stars to be that good on the 2nd night of B2B's...

edit: And now they're up 6-2 :laugh: What is in their Gatorade bottles? Jesus.

Last edited:

aloonda*

here is hoping that the flyers go full stupid and end up with half of the blackhawks and them suspended for the next month with line line brawl bruins type stupidity

MetalGodAOD*

While Reilly is doing well, I'd rather have an actual power forward, like Chiasson.

Also who knows how Reilly would do against the West. He got knocked off pretty easy last year, and playing with bigger guys on the Bruins probably gives him so more space.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Feaster finally fired in Calgary. We'll always have the Jankowski post-draft video memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad