Korpikoski-Lander-Purcell
Gazdic-Letestu-Slepyshev/Miller

Klefbom-Schultz
Sekera-Fayne
Ference/Davidson-Gryba

Cam Talbot
Anders Nilsson

[/FIELDSET]

**Iiro Pakarinen may draw in after being called up, Griffen Reinhart is day to day, and -Matt Hendricks and Jordan Eberle are still injured.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Grubauer gets the start for the Caps as well which is a bonus over Holtby.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Going to be a very very difficult game. The caps are playing very well as a team right now.

I'll be pleasantly surprised/freaking out excited if we get this one.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Yeah they will be tough but they didn't really impress me in vancouver as much as I would have thought.

It might get ugly though....unless McDavid.

I think McLellands take was "if we take penalties it could get real bad" or something like that.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
One would think we're likely to see Grubauer in his first game of the season. He's ice cold and inexperienced (<20 career games). The Caps skated hard against the Canucks, but made some egregious defensive plays. They are certainly better attackers than defenders; one would think without Holtby, they are far more beatable.

All things are not equal, this is the best stacked deck the Oilers are going to get at this stage of the season. What might have been a 1:4 odds may be closer to 1:1.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Wasn't there some speculation that he'd be in for this one? Either way I agree, he's been as good if not better than Talbot so far.

They are both a breath of fresh air compared to seasons past. Its nice having this problem for the first time in forever! Talbot imo should start 55-60 games this year and Nilsson the rest. They both have looked solid so far so things are looking up. Scriven's Oiler days are over, nice guy but a crapshoot most nights. CONNOR!!! Lol

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Not to take anything away from our streak but teams like Calgary, Vancouver and Detroit aren't really the cream of the crop in the NHL.

This will be a great test.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nilsson should get some more starts

I think you need to keep giving Talbot starts to let him get into a groove. He's the guy they brought in for the #1 job, and while Nilsson could follow a similar path to Talbot in NY, he isn't experienced enough in the NHL to be the #1. I've liked them both. Nilsson has let in a few Dubnyk like stinkers, but the difference is he made up for it by making some very big saves and not letting it snowball. I like the idea of giving Talbot strings of a few games followed by a Nilsson start to keep them both frequent in getting games. Its really nice having 2 solid goalies thus far, and will be very important in back to backs throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad