Viewing options other than DTV or cable in Northern NJ

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Are there any other viewing options (legal) available for the Devils besides DirectTV or cable (Service Electric)? We've been without DirecTV since Tuesday. I won't go into details other than to say we live in a condo and have to deal with a middleman for service calls. :madfire: Before DirecTV we had cable but the HD signal was awful with artifacts so going back to cable is a last resort.

Obviously, the season is just about over so this is not an immediate issue. Basically looking for other options where MSG and SNY (Mets) are available.

I wish these networks like MSG and SNY would offer a la carte service.

Last edited:

NJ All Day

Jan 11, 2016
I don't think there is. NHL Game Center is only for out of state. Cable has gotten a lot better recently. I have optimum and have no complaints with hd or service.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I don't think there is. NHL Game Center is only for out of state. Cable has gotten a lot better recently. I have optimum and have no complaints with hd or service.

Thanks for the reply. We're pretty much at the point of switching back to cable even though I'm skeptical the HD signal will still be crap. SECTV is one of the oldest cable providers in the US and their infrastructure confirms that. But at least when we call for service, we get service.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Find a friend or family member that has MSG through their cable provider and use MSG Go on your laptop/phone. Just have to sign into their Optimum (or cable provider) account online.

Probably your best option for the interim. Depending on who the family member is, just use it long-term.

gomek

Jul 10, 2007
I've been having the same issue as I don't have cable. Some one mentioned Cablevision might be interested in taking my money at some point in the future with a standalone app (for Roku/apple TV).

Also something in what I consider to be a 'gray area' is I've been told that one can use an IP masking devise which will allow you to pay for center ice and actually get what you're paying for. (Also I'm not aware of any laws that technically prevent you from doing this)

It's kind of sad that you'd have to go through so much trouble to pay for games when the illegal options are a lot easier. But it's also not surprising Cablevision is not totally on board with the fact that cable TV isn't the household staple it once was.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Appreciate everyone's input. So, is there anyone out there who is a cable subscriber with Service Electric? I'd like to know if you're satisfied with the HD signal, especially for sports,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad