OT: Vids for surviving the -Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I haven't had the urge to ever watch Game of thrones again. The last 2 season ruined it for me. I'm not mad at how it ended, I'm mad at how they executed it. I'm not getting into spoilers since there might be a few out there that haven't finished it, but Double D should've really taken HBO's offer of more episodes and even the additional season.

at last I will just wait for the books to finish up (if GRRM doesn't expire) to see it done correctly.
They didn't put in the work to earn the ending they put on screen.

GRRM could end it exactly the same, but I guarantee he will earn it.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Speaking of new series... will they please make a Red Rising series? The novels were amazing. If you haven't read them (or audiobook) I highly recommend you do so. One of the very few books I was unable to put down. Think of it like The Hunger Games, but in outer space and the "battles" take months, not days.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Salt Fat Acid Heat is a tremendous cooking show if folks are interested there.

Netflix does cooking shows well in general and the Chef Show is another good one. Same with Ugly Delicious.

Some not mentioned here yet that I noticed, but Killing Eve is a solid option. First two seasons on Hulu. Righteous Gemstones has been out for a little while but that’s a good option on HBO.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Fringe is one of the best shows that never found an audience. Amazing that they made it 5 seasons. Starts normal enough and then takes a turn to crazy and just keeps getting weirder. If you like sci-fi it's as good as it gets.

I also love Chuck. The last season was disappointing but the rest was so fun.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Went through the thread and somehow Ted Lasso is not on here.

One of the best shows of the year IMO. Just an all around a feel good show in a year that needed it.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Rake on Netflix is a hidden gem. It's Australian so I recommend watching with subtitles. It's about a lawyer who owes the bookie, loves his prostitute, and his ex wife is his therapist.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Salt Fat Acid Heat is a tremendous cooking show if folks are interested there.

Netflix does cooking shows well in general and the Chef Show is another good one. Same with Ugly Delicious.

Some not mentioned here yet that I noticed, but Killing Eve is a solid option. First two seasons on Hulu. Righteous Gemstones has been out for a little while but that’s a good option on HBO.

Killing Eve is excellent, and I believe the 3rd season was recently added to Hulu as well.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Enjoyed Watchmen (HBO), The Boys (Amazon) and The Umbrella Academy (Netflix) as a little thematic counterbalance to having watched through all the Marvel movies with my kids.

Have been back to the Black Books well at least twice this pandemic. Seems the most appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille