Video shows San Francisco Giants CEO Larry Baer pulling his wife to the ground

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Piece of shit does piece of shit things. News at 11.

She was definitely looking at texts from a side piece and he snapped and won't take responsibility. Typical.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Stuff like this happens all the time between couples. I don't think there was any intent to push her to the ground or hurt her. Seems like whatever the phone conversation about was something stressful for both of them.
No it doesn't.

People need to stop brushing off shit like this.

91Fedorov91

Apr 20, 2016
California
Further details from eye witnesses

“Really the video that we’ve seen of the altercation came really at the end of what everyone said was a long, verbal squabble between this couple. Multiple, multiple witnesses told me they saw Larry getting up, sitting down, going back-and-forth, with the wife saying ‘I’m leaving,’ coming back, she’s saying, ‘no stay here.’ One man who was only feet away said he heard Larry say ‘Let’s go to counseling today,’ over and over again. And then all of the sudden this manifested into this moment that we’ve all seen over and over again now.

Chronicle reporter Evan Sernoffsky provides details on incident involving Larry Baer

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I was completely prepared to dump all over him......but really? Are you kidding me. I don't know what the hell is happening there but he is not trying to push her or hurt her in any way. Of course he's going to get crucified though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I was completely prepared to dump all over him......but really? Are you kidding me. I don't know what the hell is happening there but he is not trying to push her or hurt her in any way. Of course he's going to get crucified though.

he pulls her to the ground as he's trying to force a cellphone away from her

that's ok to you?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What happened here was wrong, and this couple clearly has some things that need to be worked out in counseling, but I was expecting worse. I would've said the same thing if this was a player or regular citizen. I want to know the context of the whole incident, not just what TMZ puts out there.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He tried to grab something out of her hands that she wasn't wanting to give him. In doing so he used enough force to pull her over.

You can't do that to people.
How do we know that the phone or whatever he was grabbing wasn't something that was his that he was trying to get back? I don't think it's unreasonable to wait for all the facts, especially with how the Covington situation went and the Smollett situation went.

She even said she took his phone, doesn't mean what he did wasn't wrong, but it certainly adds contexts and shows both were at least partly in the wrong.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
How do we know that the phone or whatever he was grabbing wasn't something that was his that he was trying to get back? I don't think it's unreasonable to wait for all the facts, especially with how the Covington situation went and the Smollett situation went.

She even said she took his phone, doesn't mean what he did wasn't wrong, but it certainly adds contexts and shows both were at least partly in the wrong.
His phone or not, you can't do that. She's his wife and deserves more respect than any common person.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
His phone or not, you can't do that. She's his wife and deserves more respect than any common person.
Sure, but it does go both ways. A husband should respect his wife and his wife should respect him. Taking his property doesn't excuse his actions, but she isn't innocent either. We also have no context of how the situation actually went.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sure, but it does go both ways. A husband should respect his wife and his wife should respect him. Taking his property doesn't excuse his actions, but she isn't innocent either. We also have no context of how the situation actually went.
What people reported was that this was happening for a while before the clip was taken. Apparently he was saying "let's go to counseling today" while she was visibly upset. If I had to make a deduction from the video and info I would say she was on his phone and probably saw pics/messages he didn't want her to see.

Either way, the whole situation is just sad.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What people reported was that this was happening for a while before the clip was taken. Apparently he was saying "let's go to counseling today" while she was visibly upset. If I had to make a deduction from the video and info I would say she was on his phone and probably saw pics/messages he didn't want her to see.

Either way, the whole situation is just sad.

For sure. I don't think there was malicious intent, but there are definitely some marriage problems there, and I doubt either of them wants it out in the public like this. Hopefully it was just cheating or something like that and nothing more serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad