Video Reviews and Officials Having Too Much Time?

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
This is something that I think is a topic of interest for discussion on this forum, but is it just me or has it seemed that every second play it seems that the officials are dedicating too much time into video review?

Like let's be honest here I'm nor for nor against it if it used correctly but there should be a set time limit to these things. If a penalty is 2-5 minutes long shouldn't a review but a set time period.

It seems like every time now there's a call that is borderline it's reviewed by the men in zebra colors for like 20 minutes to determine something that the fans could review fast from the stands.

Should the league have a set time limit on these reviews? Is it time for the OHL to learn to let the players decide the outcome of games?

What are fans thoughts?

I believe that the OHL should have a limit of time say 2 minutes to review and if there is no conclusive evidence then either the play stands, or it's reversed. Would this be an appropriate length of time for these decisions that have been made to effect the outcomes greatly especially in playoff games?

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
This is something that I think is a topic of interest for discussion on this forum, but is it just me or has it seemed that every second play it seems that the officials are dedicating too much time into video review?

Like let's be honest here I'm nor for nor against it if it used correctly but there should be a set time limit to these things. If a penalty is 2-5 minutes long shouldn't a review but a set time period.

It seems like every time now there's a call that is borderline it's reviewed by the men in zebra colors for like 20 minutes to determine something that the fans could review fast from the stands.

Should the league have a set time limit on these reviews? Is it time for the OHL to learn to let the players decide the outcome of games?

What are fans thoughts?

I believe that the OHL should have a limit of time say 2 minutes to review and if there is no conclusive evidence then either the play stands, or it's reversed. Would this be an appropriate length of time for these decisions that have been made to effect the outcomes greatly especially in playoff games?
Tough argument to make especially if a certain goal/penalty could determine the outcome of a game...I say let them take all the time they need to make the right call

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Video review needs to be centralized at the league office too or at least have video review official that is in a different venue every game having in arena staff doing that job just opens the league up to more criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad