Hockey Fights: Video Goes Viral After SJHL Player Gets Suspended For Goalie Hit

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I didnt know about the poor sport stuff until well after I posted. It does provide a different context on the situation and yeah that player deserves a ban. Goalies skating out of the crease is fair game in my book until there is a written rule against it. Ill still stand by that remark.

What am I missing?
F6A31395-E99D-43ED-85C2-6D1DCD60980D.png

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I didnt know about the poor sport stuff until well after I posted. It does provide a different context on the situation and yeah that player deserves a ban. Goalies skating out of the crease is fair game in my book until there is a written rule against it. Ill still stand by that remark.

You are archaic and don't understand the rule.

When a goalie is outside the crease it does not mean he is "fair game, like a lamb to the slaughter" as you seem to imply. That "hit" was not legal on ANYONE. It was 1) high 2) charging, and 3) late. Not to mention clearly "intent to injure", as proven by the follow up video.

Granted you didn't see the video... but you did see the hit and your (completely irrational, and not founded in the rulebook) bias has blinded you to the fact that it was a grievously and dangerously illegal hit for anyone, even if the recipient was a goalie who "needs to be taught a lesson".

Reactions: adsfan

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad