OT: Video Game Talk (oh, also the Week before the All-Star Break Pre-Game Talk "archive")

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

How cool for those kids?

I hope they abused those kids.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This right here is why I don't watch the Avs feed anymore. This entire play is straight-up awful announcing to the point it might be Haynes-level bad. Moser also keeps implying "I can't believe it," compared to Gord's "can you believe it?" This has major implications when watching a game because one is making it about himself, while the other invites you with him on this journey to a hockey game on a random night.

The best thing Altitude has going for it is Johnny's Wine Cave and that is one intermission (also Johnny Malkin as well). Godspeed to you lot that like sitting through a sixty-minute match with Moser at the helm. It's the bloody Titanic for me.

Last edited:

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
This right here is why I don't watch the Avs feed anymore. This entire play is straight-up awful announcing to the point it might be Haynes-level bad. Moser also keeps implying "I can't believe it," compared to Gord's "can you believe it?" This has major implications when watching a game because one is making it about himself, while the other invites you with him on this journey to a hockey game on a random night.

The best thing Altitude has going for it is Johnny's Wine Cave and that is one intermission (also Johnny Malkin as well). Godspeed to you lot that like sitting through a sixty-minute match with Moser at the helm. It's the bloody Titanic for me.

I don't mind him. He's a homer but at the end of the day so am I.

I miss Pete though. 😢

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

It's pretty bad but I ain't watching the other's team feed with their homerism. I'll switch over for Cuthbert but that is it. I'm not even a fan of national broadcasts.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't have a problem with Moser and anything related to homerism, it's just more along the lines that he isn't good at his job.

Homerism doesn't bother me at all except if you're talking about the worst of the worst regional teams like Ducks, Penguins, Oilers (their PBP is awful), CBJ, or Nashville.
Haynes > Moser.
Ewwww no. Moser comes across with ego, but he at least announces the game. Haynes was caught in McNab's dreamland.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't have a problem with Moser and anything related to homerism, it's just more along the lines that he isn't good at his job.

Homerism doesn't bother me at all except if you're talking about the worst of the worst regional teams like Ducks, Penguins, Oilers (their PBP is awful), CBJ, or Nashville.

Ewwww no. Moser comes across with ego, but he at least announces the game. Haynes was caught in McNab's dreamland.
Jack Michaels is unreal. Guy should be calling national games because of how into the game he makes you feel.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I can't stand Moser. He mixes up names and is late (or even flat-out wrong) on calls constantly. His job is to guide the viewer through the game and he's one of the few in the league that actively distracts from it. Also doesn't help that the guy is so far up his own ass. I know people aren't big on McGahey either, but I actually really like his calls for the most part. He brings a level of excitement that Moser lacks.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
?

They play St. Louis on Saturday. That certainly isn't a tightened up schedule.

They've got a tougher February though, but then a very easy March.

They have something like the 2nd easiest 2nd half schedule in the league overall.

A tougher february is precisely what I'm talking about. The blues may not be great in the standings, but they always come out for the avs. So yeah, after tomorrow (and then the blues I guess), the rest is february....

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Whatever happened to the rule, if puck hits the mask game is stopped?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Moser is fine. The bar was very, very low after having to deal with Haynes for so many years, but he clears it comfortably. At least he understands the game, Haynes never seemed like he really understood the basics of how hockey was played, the disconnect between his hockey knowledge and McNab's was jarring. McNab would ask him softball questions sometimes to keep a conversation going and Haynes would just struggle to answer.

Moser is a homer, but no worse than half the other home team broadcasts in the NHL. Some degree of homerism is fine when your audience is home team fans. He's not elite by any means but he gets the job done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad