(Video) First NHL Goal: Davidson makes it a "hat trick" of firsts for the Oilers

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
brandon_davidson_edmonton_033015.jpg
Photo: Edmonton Oilers rookie defenseman Brandon Davidson (L) is congratulated by Oilers forward Andrew Miller after Davidson netted his first NHL goal in a win over the Colorado Avalanche (courtesy of Michael Martin/NHLI via Getty Images)

It’s a veritable gusher of first NHL goals from the Edmonton Oilers of late, with rookie defenseman Brandon Davidson being the third Oiler to achieve that feat in the past week. Davidson’s goal was the first of the game in a 4-1 Oilers’ win over the Colorado Avalanche.

Early in the first period, the Oilers worked the puck in the right corner of the Avalanche zone.… read more

The post (Video) First NHL Goal: Davidson makes it a “hat trick†of firsts for the Oilers appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
i wish they'd give this kid a spot on the team next year. still has a bit to learn positionally at the NHL level, but he's 23, big, and good defensively. time to let him win a spot next year.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think one of the reason for developing young players is giving them a cup of tea in the NHL and letting them learn from playing with good players. Davidson, Marincin, Klefbom, Lander, Pitlick were once seen as near "busts". Once they play with good players, they mesh well. I hope they call up a few more players if not this year, next year. Yakimov, Draisaitl, Nurse, Slepyshev, Laleggia who I'd like to see called up next year for a cup of tea.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
it took a while, but we are finally starting to see some of our trees bare fruit if you will, with what appears to be a whole whack of later round picks starting to mature. and i love it !! long overdue and something that was killing this team off....not having much to show after the 1st round for a lot of years.

now we might be in the enviable position in the next few years of having too many kids ready for not enough spots, you do need some veteran experience. it gives us a ton of options for trades and may just keep MacT from spending too much on 3rd and 4th liners and bottom pairing d-men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad