Video - every goal allowed this season

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I always read about people wanting to know how many prime scoring chances the Oilers gave up for a goal, etc. I compiled every goal against up until tonight. Too tired to analyze it now, but it will be interesting to see how many prime goals we gave up and how many we consider weak. I noticed a lot of weak goals given up. I did not count empty net goals of course.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd venture to guess that those that are depressed may not want to watch this video unless they are a non Oilers fan in which case it could be comic relief?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Positive...not a lot of goals being scored from the points. Seems like the goalies let in one bad goal every 5 goals that are given up but they are really hung out to dry

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Some thoughts:

1) Guys are left alone in the slot at a staggering rate. We give up more shots in the slot in a game than we get in 5-10 games.

2) We don't knock guys on their ass when they are around the net or in a scoring position. It's hard to score when you're on your ass sliding on the ice. No so much when you don't have to think about getting drilled while you're thinking of where to place your shot.

3) Our defensemen let forwards get by them a hell of a lot.

4) Our forwards play fairly low in their own end instead of pressuring the points. When you have all 3 forwards down low and someone sneaks into the slot they probably don't know who's supposed to check that player until the puck is in and out of the net.

5) Ben Scrivens should not play the puck.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A stunning amount of goals where the puck makes its way to an attacking player in front of the net and NOBODY is covering them. Forwards and defenseman. I honestly am not sure what sort of defensive system that the team has in place. As bad as this team was a couple years ago, I cannot remember nearly this many goals of this exact type on almost a nightly basis.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Zero physical play.

Always reaching in with the stick or flopping all over the ice, but never making physical contact...

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Zero physical play.

Always reaching in with the stick or flopping all over the ice, but never making physical contact...

That's where I'm at..Waving sticks around, reaching, puck watching..I don't think I saw one opposing player lying on the ice through any of the goals (didn't watch them all)..
That's pretty pitiful...

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Trouble with replays is they don't show any good stops, sequences, before it and whether skaters or goalie primarily led to goal.

For instance NHL hilite of last nights goal looks like just a onetime shot blows by the goalie. Which doesn't really tell the story of the goalie being the best player on the ice or of a team that gives up a 3 on 1 in 4 on 4 OT hockey.

Coverage, sensibility, positional responsibility is what is weak on this club.

No goalie in the league would turn this club into a winner.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Yeah, you're right. I was mainly looking at how many goals were scored point blank.

It would be interesting to see the goals with a good 10 seconds of play before them. Easier to break down who's at fault, bad patterns, habits, etc.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah, you're right. I was mainly looking at how many goals were scored point blank.

It would be interesting to see the goals with a good 10 seconds of play before them. Easier to break down who's at fault, bad patterns, habits, etc.

heh, last night around 40 secs of preceding play were at fault. With easily half a dozen mistakes. Its not a hilite its a crime scene. :laugh:

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Good god that's hideous. SO much Jultzing. 1. Get on your man. 2. Tie up his stick.

Virtually half of these goals could've been stopped by even just ONE of those, let alone both.

They skate next to or completely ignore attacking players on their side of the tops of the circles practically every time.

Easy game plan for opposing coaches: Cruise into the slot. Be heavy on your sticks. Look for passes. Repeat.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Preds ot goal - entire sequence

Here is the entire sequence. Watch Nikitin once the Preds enter the Oilers zone. By looking just at Nikitin, it looks like he is coasting around because of a stoppage of play. He must have been DEAD tired, but he was horrendous. Just gliding around.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Observation.

I know its a very simplistic statement but if we had one oilers player stand directly in the middle of the slot in the defensive zone and never leave that position we would have eliminated 50% of our goals against.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
A stunning amount of goals where the puck makes its way to an attacking player in front of the net and NOBODY is covering them. Forwards and defenseman. I honestly am not sure what sort of defensive system that the team has in place. As bad as this team was a couple years ago, I cannot remember nearly this many goals of this exact type on almost a nightly basis.

Credit to the Swarm. They're usually busy covering someone in the corner. All of them.

Player: "What about the guy in front of the net?"
Coach: "Does he have the puck?"
Player: "No...not yet..."
Coach: "He's not our problem until he gets the puck, then we'll swarm him too! Yeah...that'll work."

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Here is the entire sequence. Watch Nikitin once the Preds enter the Oilers zone. By looking just at Nikitin, it looks like he is coasting around because of a stoppage of play. He must have been DEAD tired, but he was horrendous. Just gliding around.

Thanks for showing it. What a comedy sequence. I'd point out errors in there but the whole sequence was starting with "Hall doesn't get it deep"..

It all looked like a Preds PP toying with the Oilers topline.

Really this video tells so much about what is wrong with this hockey club. if you can't play in own end you simply don't stand a chance.

Fasth was furious after that goal. How many scoring chances can you give up on an even strength shift?:amazed:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If Eakins wants any respect from the hockey world he has to get these guys taking care of all that crap in front of the net.

With that Preds goal in the other video Eberle was such a lazy *******. He's just sitting around on the ice going through the motions. He essentially pretends that he's a hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad