Video Editing Software

RangersHockey15

Feb 19, 2015
Does anybody know of any high quality video editing software to analyze individual players? It would be used for developmental purposes. Looking to add voice overs, do drawings on videos etc.

RangersHockey15

Feb 19, 2015
Used Camtasia Studio 8 when I was doing it...

Definitely not the best for hockey...but I found something and used it and made it work.

Odd place for this thread haha
I was looking for a better thread to post in but couldn't find one, have any suggestions?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I'd go for "The Rink" because there might be some coaches there or look a thread in the Prospects section and look for people who make highlight videos and ask them...

*painting with a broadbrush intentionally* This board is one that's least likely to use video on the board...zing!

Reactions: RangersHockey15

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Basically an ole video editor will do most of the things you are talking about. Cutting/adding voice tracks etc.
Adobe Premiere and Vegas are some of the bigger name softwares, you'll have to pay for them. Probably more complicated to learn and use if you aren't experienced at it.

Lightworks is a free one. Windows 10 has a free one that replaced the old movie maker but I don't think it's as good.
Shortcut is another free one.

The drawing on the video is a little more complicated. One of the more common ways to do something like this would be to make an image with a transparent background and overlay it over your video at various times when needed.

For the ability to outright draw in the video editor I'm not sure what can do that. Never used such a feature.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Does anybody know of any high quality video editing software to analyze individual players? It would be used for developmental purposes.
Looking to add voice overs, do drawings on videos etc.

Cyberlink Power director has the features you are looking for but is obviously quite expensive. I haven't used all features but I think it's relatively easy to use.
The timeline part can be a bit slow though if you have very long videos (like 4-5-6 hours long).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad