Confirmed with Link: Victor Soderstrom loaned to AIK Hockey

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Several teams have loaned out players. Makes sense to try to get games in for these guys anywhere they can find a roster spot with next season still in unofficial limbo.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anyone that follow the SHL know why AIK in particular?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
AIK isn't in the SHL. It's int he Allsvenskan League... basically Sweden's AHL.

Probably with the number of guys going back to play in Europe the spots are getting hard to fill.
Probably contractual issues from NHL/ SHL not allowing him to be temporarily loaned., as well.
AIK, Allevenskan league might have been by his choice with accepting parameters, terms.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Noticed O.Wahlstrom is in the same AIK lineup. I'm guessing it's the Isles prospect but would have thought he'd be a black ace?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Noticed O.Wahlstrom is in the same AIK lineup. I'm guessing it's the Isles prospect but would have thought he'd be a black ace?
It’s him. Trotz doesn’t think he’s close to being an NHL player. Had some quotes about how “nobody has ever taught him to play the game” or something like that. Essentially stating he had all-world skill and no idea what to do with it.

I think teams are rightly worried that the AHL is going to have some issues, so they’re happy to get their prospects playing somewhere, anywhere.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad