Confirmed with Link: Victor Olofsson signed to 2 year ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kid's shot has been money in every development camp he's been able to play. I could see this happening. Please Phil put him on Jack's wing in preseason and see him light up some fourth string goalies against CHL defensemen. Build confidence and seal the deal, then get to the regular season and start hot.

Heck, I wonder what he could do with Casey in the middle. Mitts had no one of his ilk to finish what he created at UM. Pitlick maybe sorta-kinda, but there is something to either Jack or Casey having someone to finish off rush chances.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Heck, I wonder what he could do with Casey in the middle. Mitts had no one of his ilk to finish what he created at UM. Pitlick maybe sorta-kinda, but there is something to either Jack or Casey having someone to finish off rush chances.

VO - CM - Svechnikov

Assuming the lottery goes that way, of course.

Reactions: allsilverdreams

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Kid's shot has been money in every development camp he's been able to play. I could see this happening. Please Phil put him on Jack's wing in preseason and see him light up some fourth string goalies against CHL defensemen. Build confidence and seal the deal, then get to the regular season and start hot.
And sign a RW who can do the defensive focus on that line, else it will devolve to the track meet Chain noted earlier in the thread. I don't think Okposo should be counted on as the answer there. I think best to pencil in KO as 3rd line RW. (assuming Poms volunteers for a mission to Mars, or the equivalent)

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I've been touting Olofsson for a few years now. I think he's going to end up on Eichel's RW. I don't think he spends time in Rochester. He'll make the team out of camp on his own merits.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
And sign a RW who can do the defensive focus on that line, else it will devolve to the track meet Chain noted earlier in the thread. I don't think Okposo should be counted on as the answer there. I think best to pencil in KO as 3rd line RW. (assuming Poms volunteers for a mission to Mars, or the equivalent)
This balanced line crap hasn't been working. Run and gun baby yeah. Olofsson-Eichel-Rodrigues

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
If he can get his shot off on the smaller ice he’ll make the team... it’s as simple as that

If he needs time in the AHL to adjust or not... the second he can consistently shoot at the nhl level... he’s a player

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
If he can get his shot off on the smaller ice he’ll make the team... it’s as simple as that

If he needs time in the AHL to adjust or not... the second he can consistently shoot at the nhl level... he’s a player
It’s not as simple as that, you and I both know this.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It’s not as simple as that, you and I both know this.
I’d say it is. One of the biggest problems for swedish players is adjusting to having a quicker release both when it comes to passing as well as shooting. One of the negative aspects of developing players in the SHL is the holding on to the puck/input lag release.

If he manages to get shots to the net he’s probably adjusted in other areas as well.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Reinhart

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I’d rather see Olofsson on his off wing with Eichel. Eichel drifts left and passes back right a lot.

I stand by it. I think Olofsson is going to surprise.
I’d rather see Olofsson play where he will be his best. He may have zero issues playing the RW. But I’m not banking on it with a NHL rookie

Reactions: TheCerebral1

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Kid's shot has been money in every development camp he's been able to play.
That's exactly it... you see them doing the Montreal drill and hear a different sound when the puck hits the net or glass or post and you look over and say "who the hell was that?" Then you see him come around again and the puck just explodes off his stick and you say "Man, this kid shoots a ton, who is that?" and you catch the number and look at the game sheet and it's Olofsson "Oh, right, of course"

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Kind of a roster thought, but what would bozak look like as a pickup.

Third line of

Mitts/Bozak and olofsson?

How much will Bozak cost?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Me either. But in the practical sense, he might be our best shot at a 3C to help mitts if Nash prices himself out.

Coming back around to Olofsson, seeing if there is simpatico with someone who can get him the puck in the danger zones where his shot is best served seems like it would be either Jack or Casey but it could also be ERod. He's shown some chops with finding people in dangerous areas too.

I have no idea what they plan to do with their centers though.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Coming back around to Olofsson, seeing if there is simpatico with someone who can get him the puck in the danger zones where his shot is best served seems like it would be either Jack or Casey but it could also be ERod. He's shown some chops with finding people in dangerous areas too.

I have no idea what they plan to do with their centers though.

I don’t want Erod at center. Just haven’t seen the vision or the defense to keep him there.

If we don’t buy a ufa, and we are bringing back Larson, I wouldn’t mind seeing him in between olofsson and Bailey/baptiste or ufa with speed and ozone chops.

I hated Larson’s season, but when he is going well he has a nice touch in the ozone for finding an open man. If you want to put olofsson in a lower responsibility line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad