Prospect Info: Victor Mete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Mete is a special player, trust me... He has the brain power to handle and dominate in the NHL as a rookie, he's on a different level you can see it.
He's already clearly better then Petry, it's not even close believe me.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If he sticks for the season (he could miss some time due to WJC) I'd say somewhere around 25 to 30 points.

He won't be missing time to go to the World Juniors if he makes the big club and stays past the nine games.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So MB's draft pick saved his butt? Isn't his job to hire someone who will draft good players?

Horr
He won't be missing time to go to the World Juniors if he makes the big club and stays past the nine games.

can he still go to WJC if he stays up past the 9 games? Or its only if he goes back to JR's?

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So MB's draft pick saved his butt? Isn't his job to hire someone who will draft good players?

Horr

can he still go to WJC if he stays up past the 9 games? Or its only if he goes back to JR's?

He can, its at the team's discretion. I remember the Bruins loaning Pastrnak.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Weren't you saying how Timmins was terrible and should be fired? Now he's good again?

And if you can't see that expecting a 19 year old straight out of juniors drafted in the 4th round to come in and save the season is the equivalent of winning the lottery and not part of a actual viable team building strategy then...

and funny how Bergevin has never once mentioned Mete's name but all of a sudden he was Bergevin's plan all along suuuuure... believe dat

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Weren't you saying how Timmins was terrible and should be fired? Now he's good again?

And if you can't see that expecting a 19 year old straight out of juniors drafted in the 4th round to come in and save the season is the equivalent of winning the lottery and not part of a actual viable team building strategy then...

and funny how Bergevin has never once mentioned Mete's name but all of a sudden he was Bergevin's plan all along suuuuure... believe dat

I have said that the buck stops with MB and he should of fired the scout etc...

But saying a draft pick saves a GM's butt is like saying a player that scored a goal saved a coaches butt.

Draft picks are supposed to make the team thats why they are selected. MB hires his scouts and they draft and if the picks make it thats whats supposed to happen.

Don't think he was MB's plan all along and Mete hasn't saved any seasons, he hasn't even played a RS game yet.

Of course though you will try and find a negative spin to anything positive that happens on this team. You have gone into hyper drive these past 3 days because the habs ended pre season with back to back wins. If habs have a good season can't wait to read your posts because it seems to disturb you to see things going well for the team.

Reactions: Belial

Bilbo Caufield

Habs Hockey
Dec 9, 2008
Santa Flanella
What i've see from this young 19 years old D is all skills and smarts. He will be an important part of this team going forward and for 10+ years.

Very happy to see a pleasant surprise from a kid at the camp once in a while and this one is a shocker.

I'm thrilled by this kid's ceiling down the road. Watch him closely he's a blue chip.

Congrats Victor you earned it 100%

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

But saying a draft pick saves a GM's butt is like saying a player that scored a goal saved a coaches butt.

Draft picks are supposed to make the team thats why they are selected. MB hires his scouts and they draft and if the picks make it thats whats supposed to happen.

Don't think he was MB's plan all along and Mete hasn't saved any seasons, he hasn't even played a RS game yet.

Of course though you will try and find a negative spin to anything positive that happens on this team. You have gone into hyper drive these past 3 days because the habs ended pre season with back to back wins. If habs have a good season can't wait to read your posts because it seems to disturb you to see things going well for the team.

Would you say that Price is the one that has saved Bergevin's and Therrien's job for the past 5 years? Because I think that most will agree with that. So if Mete works out and continues to play the way he has in the preseason it's not a stretch that he will save this laughable defense that Beregvin tried to build over the summer.

Also the criticism towards Lefebvre from yourself included, it's funny that the only prospects that seem to pan out are the ones that bypass him altogether... Lehkonen, Mete..

So let's hope that Mete does continue to succeed and develop for the sake of this team.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Would you say that Price is the one that has saved Bergevin's and Therrien's job for the past 5 years? Because I think that most will agree with that. So if Mete works out and continues to play the way he has in the preseason it's not a stretch that he will save this laughable defense that Beregvin tried to build over the summer.

Also the criticism towards Lefebvre from yourself included, it's funny that the only prospects that seem to pan out are the ones that bypass him altogether... Lehkonen, Mete..

So let's hope that Mete does continue to succeed and develop for the sake of this team.

Price has been a huge reason for this teams sucsess and he would of been for any GM/coach and he will be the same for CJ this year. Even though I don't think Price is worth 10.5, he is still one of the top goalies in the league and will make any GM/Coach look good.

And if Drouin is the 1C this year with PPG he will have saved MB's butt too or if Hudon makes the team and scores 20 he will save MB's butt and if Lek gets 20 he will save MB's butt etc...

Players acquired by the GM (either through drafting/tradeing/UFA) that play well on the team save the GM's butt across the league. And players that suck screw the GM's across the league out of their job thats the NHL.

And yet we have Hudon on the team, Ghetto looking to make it in COL, Beau in BUF and JDLR here also from Sly. He should of been canned but I think a lot of the criticisim against him is overblown. Will be funny to see when he makes the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row yet the cat calls will become louder probably. Wouldn't surprise me if Sly had more sucsess if our best prospects played for him longer like AG and Galley instead of being put onto the team as teenagers.

But yes lets hope Mete has a good season. Just like our other draft picks like PK/Price/Max who made the team and became stars. I hope Mete/Lek/Hudon can have the same type of future. Not sure if you would be happy or upset to see this team do well and god forbid win a cup!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He will hit a wall at some point if he is there all year, there's no way around it. There's nothing he can do to get ready for a level of play that high and a long season with men other than play and go through it. I believe that he must make the team, the defense is better with him and he showed he can handle a part of it for now. I don't mind him making mistakes, he did some the last two games and he will do even more during the season (game costing mistakes like any other player). There is a learning curve and he seems to be ahead now but not for long. I'm ready to live with those mistakes because I know that he will still be one of the best defenseman on this team even when things will get harder.

He may not survive after 9 games and there is a chance that the team is waiting to see Schlemko in action and that if he seems ok he will stay and Mete will be sent home, but I can't imagine him not staying. His presence is vital if the team wants to win.

Del Zotto isn't the same player but he still belong in this league and that is all we can ask of Mete to belong whether he is a first pair defenseman or a third pair.

The thing Mete isn't him having good games, it's about how he play on the ice, his style, his composure, everythinhe does. It's about how he behave on the ice and his behaviour make him a stud.

I think you make good points, but where I'm coming from is that I want what's best for mete the hockey player. In the long run, is he better served staying with the big club?

I can't really answer that, but I do wonder what kinds of players zubrus, or del Zotto could have become if they didn't enter the league so quickly. OTOH, there are also players who seem to do just fine during their career after making the team quickly.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think you make good points, but where I'm coming from is that I want what's best for mete the hockey player. In the long run, is he better served staying with the big club?

I can't really answer that, but I do wonder what kinds of players zubrus, or del Zotto could have become if they didn't enter the league so quickly. OTOH, there are also players who seem to do just fine during their career after making the team quickly.

Zubrus was simply not that skilled. Nothing to do with graduating at 18. I called it the day we made that trade. The usual crowd was pumping Zubrus tire. I remember we were not a lot to say he was not very good and projected as a 2nd line player at the very best.

Del Zotto was nothing special either. I loled every time the usual crowd said he was as good as Subban when Subban was bridged by MB. I mean Del Zotto was an interesting young player and while i expected more from him i'm not surprised that much by his struggle. Defensively speaking he's not very good. I personally think Beaulieu is more skilled than Del Zotto.

Joe Thornton started on a 4th line at 18 years old. He did not even break the 10 points barrier than year. 7 points in 55 games. Yep Joe Thornton did that in his first year from a 4th line.

What can kill a young player is the lack of support from the team, not graduating at 18. If we ice Mete just to scratch him at the first defensive mistake then we should return him in the CHL. Scratching him at the first defensive mistake and calling him out in the media for not being a good person and not having rispek could jeopardize his future.

If we plan to ice him 17-18 minutes at 5 on 5 with no PP time and no PK time and replacing him in the last 5 minutes at the end of the game by Alzner when we are leading while accepting he'll do mistakes and it's part of the progression of a young player then fine. We can scratch him between 10-20 games to let him breath but ideally you tell him and everyone including the media at the beginning of the season he'll be scratched some games and it has nothing to do with sending a message that would be totally useless.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

There were 29 other GMs passing up on Mete three times before MB decided to take a chance on him, should we get them all fired, I think so !!!!!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Mete looked great in camp no question, he earned atleast 9 games,
Refreshing to read that he said no one has told him to change his game...
Let's hope the Habs let him run free and play his game, not try to change him.

He looked way way better than Sergachev did in his first camp.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Mete looked great in camp no question, he earned atleast 9 games,
Refreshing to read that he said no one has told him to change his game...
Let's hope the Habs let him run free and play his game, not try to change him.

He looked way way better than Sergachev did in his first camp.
Mete is MUCH better than Sergachev trust me.. Serg has the same brain issues as Brainfart Beaulieu does.. believe me.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

You said it's on Timmins pretty much all summer long, that was your excuse to defend MB and Lefebvre, you are changing your tune because Hudon and Mete will start the season in Montreal.

Failed picks were all on Timmins, but now that some of them seem to be panning out you want to put it all on MB.

Be honest for once.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium

Gallagher, Hudon, Lindgren?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Nice to see you have aspirations for the team rather than just be out for Bergevin's head ( don't worry, I know you're still out for his head ;) )

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

What about Hudon, De la Rose, Pateryn, Beaulieu and Lindgren? These are all NHL players. Lefebvre is certainly not perfect and could probably be upgraded by a better coach ie. (Tourigny, Veilleux, Phillippe Boucher, Serge Beausoleil, etc), but saying the ONLY prospects that seem to pan out bypassed his tutelage is misleading and completely false.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Gallagher, Hudon, deLaRose, Condon, Beaulieu and Andrighetto all graduated to regular roles in the NHL passing through Sly, Pateryn a borderliner. Admittedly, Gallagher was only there one half-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad