Confirmed with Link: Victor Mete signs entry level contract

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Beautiful, kid deserves it. Hope his game translates to the NHL! His skating is elite, even at the NHL level....can he play in Laval next year?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm real optimistic about this kid, every time I've seen him play I've been impressed. Him, Juulsen and Sergachev are the future of this team.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Very happy. One of our top prospects now. A tremendous pick. Definitely want to see him at camp next year. Hope he makes TC WJC.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I notice that although he plays with Juolevi, both them shoots left. Anyone knows whether Mete plays on the left or the right?

Since the deadline he's been mostly playing left on a pair with Brandon Crawley. But it varies, Hunter likes to play his best players a ton so he'll be all over the lineup.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Totally predictable. Kid is very good and was going to be signed. What's surprising is the fact that Bradley hasn't been signed yet. That's the surprising thing of this signature, not that Mete was signed to begin with.

Great looking prospect. Can't wait to see what he does in the pros. Awesome pick at that round. Wanted Mete and Bitten before the draft happened but NEVER thought they'd be there in the 4th round. I had Mete gone in the 2nd or 3rd round easily.

Last edited:

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
The more I watch him play, the more I wonder how big a difference there is between him and Morgan Rielly. I know they aren't identical, Rielly has a better frame, etc. But the gap isn't wide.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The more I watch him play, the more I wonder how big a difference there is between him and Morgan Rielly. I know they aren't identical, Rielly has a better frame, etc. But the gap isn't wide.

Not a bad comparison at all, I think Mete is a better skater TBH and that's saying a lot because Rielly is a phenomenal skater.

If Mete can fast track (one more junior, one in AHL) he'd be a picture perfect partner for Weber with the skills and speed he brings to the table!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad