News Article: Victor Loov won't be liked after this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Warrior

Jan 16, 2015
In the "real world" you would be surprised to find out how many people do coke.
From Doctors to lawyers, to people on TV and sports.

Everyone is human and like to wild-out sometimes. Also is leaves your system pretty fast.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He's probably right. I have no problem with what he did. He's allowed to speak his mind and he did it in a very professional manner. If anything, I think he has character.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Hearsay? What world you living in.

Lol there's tons of cocaine everywhere, and definitely in the NHL

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
He has played one AHL season and no NHL seasons or games - how exactly can he make a statement like this?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
What makes you think it's based off hearsay? He spends time around a lot of NHL players. Everyone knows about the Kings as Stoll pled guilty, but there have also been repeated rumours regarding a couple of Leafs players I won't mention. Where there's that much smoke, there's a fire.

Who?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The amount of idiots who have put on Leaf jerseys over the years would lead me to believe this is probably true.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't think it's right (recreational drug usage, I think it's idiotic), but I really couldn't care less what these players do on their own time. As long as they are responsible about it and it does not affect their performance.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
whats that on his sleeve?

theres a lot of the good stuff among wealthier people in general...actors, singers, athletes, the upper class...u should not be surprised

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Who cares??

This is news. A player says there are people who do drugs. No ****! Here's a news flash - people do drugs. The NHL is no different than any other facet of society so why wouldn't you think there are similar things going on.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
In other news... bears **** in the woods.

I'm sure there's plenty of alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, and stertoid use in the AHL, NHL, OHL, etc. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

IMO, the management and coaching staff should be a little more open about this stuff. If you have a 2 day break, let them party for the night and let them sleep it off the next morning.

Just try and make a deal with the players... let them party when it's appropriate... on the condition that they stay clean and sober when it really matters.

I also think that this would be more of a problem with younger players. I think most people grow out of this phase when they hit around 30 years old. Let them have fun in moderation. It's going to happen.

Just make sure that everyone gets enough sleep and is rested and ready for games.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
long term coke usage demineralizes the bone. I.E. you will have more bone fractures or have dislocations more easily. you can probably make some guesses league wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad