Speculation: Victor Hedman's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
McKenzie, who's usually the most carefully guy with his choice of words, is making me think the Hedman deal might already be close. He mentioned on radio today that he wouldn't be surprised if it's done in a few days or a week.

He must have touched based with his agent I think he has drouin agent or same firm

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If you get something in that range, with his salary going up by ~$4m next year, makes it very easy to keep the core together for Tampa.
Garrison and Fillpula come off the year after, that is $9m right there, you might have to do a trade of one of those + asset but shouldn't be too hard. Or a straight up buyout on one.

a Fillpula buyout next year would be $1.6 x 2 years
Garrison would be $2.9 1 year, .83 the next

I don't think we will have to buy out Garrison. I think anyone would take him in a trade. Filppula just has to not suck out loud offensively next year for him to be very movable as well. I'm not excited by the prospect of chopping up our defense though. I really hope Koekkoek will be ready for a much bigger role by this time next year. He could go from #6 to #4 real quick.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Here's to me thinking he signs for $6.5m since we did give him a 'bonus' over the typical entry level contract.

Man would that be nice... 6.5x8 for 52

That would putting it all on red 5 times in a row and winning every roll.

Gotta wonder if Hedman is going to follow in his captains footprints and take a nice discount for the good of the team. He does like Tampa :)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Ekblad apparently re-signed for $7.5M AAV / 8 years. Just imagine Hedman gets extended for less.... :laugh:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
My exact thought.

Different situation though. Ekblad is arguably Florida's biggest star. Hedman is one among many here. Stamkos talked about making sacrifices if you want to stay together and competitive. I'm sure he he has Hedman's ear on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad