GDT: Vice President Trophy Winners @ Town in Ohio

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Young guys got a LOT of ice time yesterday.

Morrow with Burns early career profile time of 23:11
Nadeau with Aho-like time of 19:08
Blake with 15:18

Negative is +/- with Morrow -4 (ouch), Nadeau -3 & Blake -2.
Let's be realistic though, Blake likely is in the AHL to develop some more. FUS and Nadeau are probably fighting for a spot to replace Necas is my guess, Comtois is likely 4th liner replacement for Noesen, and Morrow will be on the 3rd pair. Not with TDA as his partner.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Let's be realistic though, Blake likely is in the AHL to develop some more. FUS and Nadeau are probably fighting for a spot to replace Necas is my guess, Comtois is likely 4th liner replacement for Noesen, and Morrow will be on the 3rd pair. Not with TDA as his partner.
Yup.

Only one game of course, but of the two forwards Nadeau’s shot/play makes me think he has a better chance of making the roster.

However, making the roster to play reduced minutes is not optimal for his development so I’m thinking both should experience AHL hockey.

Morrow has the right nhl frame and speed already & just needs reps, coaching and the like to get regular 3rd minutes. I’d like to see some physicality in his play too.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Interesting scorecard...KK, Comtois, TT, Noesen great games; TDA, Orlov, Morrow (drink)
1713372702746.png

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Young guys got a LOT of ice time yesterday.

Morrow with Burns early career profile time of 23:11
Nadeau with Aho-like time of 19:08
Blake with 15:18

Negative is +/- with Morrow -4 (ouch), Nadeau -3 & Blake -2.
Morrow showed some of his college game last night. Both ways. In the very few moments he was pressed he didn’t look ready in his own end based on what’s been seen, but he looks great offensively until he keeps trying to dangle guys who won’t fall for it. Those two turnovers trying to beat guys inside the offensive line would’ve hurt a lot more against better teams. If he plays simple with the puck he’d be fine that way, that hasn’t been his way yet. You’d assume that would be worked with. Makes it tempting but the defense end is going to be a work in progress. It’ll be interesting presuming we get a third pair guy to compete with him who plays defense better but lacks the offense. Rod is fine with the lack of offense usually.

Blake was overwhelmed, which isn’t shocking. Nadeau kept it simple and played to his big strength which is getting pucks at the net. Blake tends to be a lot more involved and obviously in his first game had no idea how to translate that. Fun to watch.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad