Confirmed Trade: [VGK/WPG] 13th OA and 2019 3rd to Vegas for 24th OA and selecting Chris Thorburn

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Dano has shown he can produce given top 6 minutes an linemates. Enstrom/Dano's value is easily more than 11 spots in this draft and a 3rd. (Basically 2nd + 3rd)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Difference in pick value between #13 and #24 is equivalent to an extra #70-80 overall.

Jets keep a top-4 D and a young top-9 F on a great contract.

This is a very good deal for the Jets, considering that they are ready to make a move to contend right now.

I'm not really sure that the difference between #13 and #24 this year is that big, anyway. Draft rankings are all over the map in that range.

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
I don't know what you think that word means but you're not using it in the right context

A simple google search would run counter to your belief. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Chevy does at the draft. He needs to make a few moves this off-season.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Difference in pick value between #13 and #24 is equivalent to an extra #70-80 overall.

Jets keep a top-4 D and a young top-9 F on a great contract.

This is a very good deal for the Jets, considering that they are ready to make a move to contend right now.

I'm not really sure that the difference between #13 and #24 this year is that big, anyway. Draft rankings are all over the map in that range.

Instead of Valimaki we might get Brannstrom or Timmins.

Oh woe is us.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Great. A good d man 3-4 years from now, maybe. Lets just keep building for the future, who cares about winning. Let the 33 year rebuild continue.

Take off the rose coloured glasses. The Jets aren't going to contend with Paul Maurice coaching, and will likely miss the playoffs every year he's under contract if Chevy extends him.

Jets are not in win now mode. Management and over optimistic fans might think so, but this team isn't even close to that level.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Take off the rose coloured glasses. The Jets aren't going to contend with Paul Maurice coaching, and will likely miss the playoffs every year he's under contract if Chevy extends him.

Jets are not in win now mode. Management and over optimistic fans might think so, but this team isn't even close to that level.

You're clearly well informed on the topic.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Toby would not have waived without a deal in place... so we protected Lowry or Perrault by dropping 11 spots since we would have been forced to go 7-3-1 into the expansion draft

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada

Strange move, that's for sure. The scouts need to be right on this. This is a move that could hurt in 5 or 6 years. Hopefully it works out.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Strange move, that's for sure. The scouts need to be right on this. This is a move that could hurt in 5 or 6 years. Hopefully it works out.

Scheifele
Laine
Ehlers
Little
Wheeler
Connor
Perreault
Armia
Lowry
Dano

Trouba
Morrissey
Buff
Enstrom
Myers

This is not a team that should be planning for 5-6 years into the future. Their window as a competitor should be opening over the next few seasons.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Im not even mad, not ideal, but could have been a lot worse. Atleast we didnt loose any 30 goal scorers, top 2/4 dman or important prospects. Chevys done a great job at drafting so far and our last pick in the 20s (Roslovic) is looking to be a hell of a player. I have a feeling he's not done dealing and happy we get to stay in the 1st round, keep our important players and also a guarantee that we're not resigning Thorburn which is a win on its own. Scouting staff must feel confident they'll get a player they like at 24. Now to get a G and lhd

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013

So how long do the jets keep rebuilding? We are certainly in win now mode. If anything this proves it. Chevy doesnt just drop back in the first round. It doesnt happen. I believe there is more at play here and even if there isn't now is the time to surround the core we have and still have after the xdraft, with needs we have now, not 4 years down the road. You obviously like draft picks, i get it. But winning teams use those assets to support the cast they have, and i think that is what we are seeing.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Really like this move for Vegas.

I don't expect Winnipeg to hold on to this pick.

This was my first thought as well. It could mean that we acquire a goalie, in which case the deal makes a lot more sense. If not, Brannstrom. Please.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
So how long do the jets keep rebuilding? We are certainly in win now mode. If anything this proves it. Chevy doesnt just drop back in the first round. It doesnt happen. I believe there is more at play here and even if there isn't now is the time to surround the core we have and still have after the xdraft, with needs we have now, not 4 years down the road. You obviously like draft picks, i get it. But winning teams use those assets to support the cast they have, and i think that is what we are seeing.

I guess you have a lot more faith in Chevy than I do. I personally think he's slowly running the team into the ground, perpetually finishing 10th in the conference.

Until he fires Paul Maurice, he is a bad GM in my books. This team should be a lot better than it is.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This was my first thought as well. It could mean that we acquire a goalie, in which case the deal makes a lot more sense. If not, Brannstrom. Please.
I think they will make a move for Raanta tomorrow. Seems the most logical move, if they can get an extension in place.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
I think they will make a move for Raanta tomorrow. Seems the most logical move, if they can get an extension in place.

This was my initial thought when they made the trade. What time do we hear about the trades? Saw 8am floating around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad