GDT: VGK @ Predators 5pm

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Not the best start to the roadie pointwise, but when you run into a goalie playing like Saros...

Won't be any easier Thursday either. Gotta find some points somewhere on this road trip.

Go Knights Go!

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Frustration. Nine of next eleven games on road. Could get ugly.

GshockBCERT.gif

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If they play like they did and how they played against Edmonton the wins will come. Nothing wrong at all with the effort or play tonight, just going to run into hot goalies sometimes.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
This is game #1 of a tough twelve game stretch. Ten of these games are away. Fortunately, only two games are against Pacific Division rivals (Sharks and Flames, both away games.)

The goal should be 0.500 play (or 12 points). So far, nada.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Postmortem.

Feel a little better about the game this morning. Forty-three shots on goal and some of them actually coming on the PP. Weren't just passing the puck around on the PP as we have been tending to do too much lately.

Also, almost had one past Saros that was kicked out by a Pred just an inch or so before it slid over the line. That one slides in, and we might have had one point at least.

But Saros played a great game, and credit to him.

As has been mentioned, we're not getting the goals from other than the Marchy line as we had been. I think it was said during the game that 6 of the last 8 goals have come from that line. Small sample, but a bit of a concern as the balanced scoring I think has been a big key to success.

Also with a few injuries beginning to affect us I worry about the line and D-pairing chemistry as we have to juggle things, especially being on the road with less practice time maybe.

Still hope to get four points on this roadie, especially since we have so many games the next couple weeks, and I think we're gonna be burning through some of our games-in-hand against other teams, although I haven't looked at the schedule that closely.

Okay, my rambling self-therapy session has come to an end...on to Tampa! :laugh:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Watched 1st period (before changing channel to watch other game). Carpy was out there on PK (a specialty). Sounds like he did a decent job in his assigned role.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4